Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can't get food stamps or medical for not vaccinating?!!

Posted by   + Show Post

So I am going through a divorce and have just moved to California and am on food stamps and medical temporarily till I find a job.  I was given a paper to fill out that had two sections. the first section gave me the right to refuse vaccinating b/c of personal and/or religious beliefs if you don't fill that part out then you have to take the form to your doctor where they decide if the child is up to date on vaxes and then fill the form out and turn it in.  I filled out the first part of the form and turned it in.  I got it back and was told it had to be filled out by a doctor.  I called and asked them why when I refused vaxes based on personal belief.  they asked if my daughter had any vaxes and I said she had some when she was little but doesn't now b/c I don't believe in vaxing anymore.  They said that if she were a brand new infant and I had never before vaxed then I could claim that!  Then they had the audacity to ask me "so your religion just recently changed?" to which I replied "no I personally don't believe in them anymore which I'm allowed to by law"  they are still making me see the doctor and they said if I refuse them that my aid could be taken away?  How is this legal and what can I do??  I know I don't have money for a lawyer, but could a lawyer help my cause?  

ETA: I also told them "so your going to deny me aid even though by law I have the right to refuse vaxes?"  and they didn't really know if I'd be denied so they said that it would go through a special case and if they deny it I'll be denied.  Could that equal a lawsuit?  IDK I'm just fuming creeps me out that the gov is forcing poor people to have vaxes....wouldn't surprise me if it ever turns into genocide some day....just saying!

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:41 AM
Replies (11-12):
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:27 AM

 HOpe all pans out.

by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:32 PM

You might want to place a call to ACLU.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)