Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone claimed an exemption with a fully-vaxxed child?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:05 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 170 Total Views

It's not for a few more months, but we're hoping to get our oldest son into a local daycare (federal funding) this fall for a half day per week to have some social activities.

Has anyone claimed "exemption" on a fully-vaxxed child? 

Here are a few thoughts:

1.  He's fully vaxxed to 18 months, but our youngest son isn't.  I think it would be more simple for the second child if following the protocol set forth with older siblings...  Is this crazy?  I mean, we live in a very rural area, and typically once we establish that we're a non-vaxxing family, we likely won't have any questions about it with subsequent children. 

2.  Also, I don't like ANYONE knowing what medical choices we make for our family.  Call me paranoid, but why should I let them know DS1's vaccination status at all?

3.  Our family's current beliefs are why we whould claim the exemption, right?  I mean the fact that one of our children is fully vaccinated doesn't change our beliefs or make an exemption less valid, does it? 

Can you see any down side to claiming an exemption for a currently fully-vaxxed child?  I can see that it is certainly unnecessary, but I'm wondering if it would be problematic in any way...

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
snowangel1979
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Technically yes I have. Oldest DS was up to date and I filled out the form.

I don't plan on getting him anymore vaccines, so I figured it was just easier to start claiming it now and there wouldn't be any problems or them saying anything when it came time for him to have more in the future.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoodyBrook
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Quoting snowangel1979:

I don't plan on getting him anymore vaccines, so I figured it was just easier to start claiming it now and there wouldn't be any problems or them saying anything when it came time for him to have more in the future.

How has it worked for you so far?  (Glad to know that others are doing it too!)

snowangel1979
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:34 PM
I haven't had a problem yet.

This was public school though. I think it's just easier to file it from the beginning. If they see you vaxed in the past, then It's open for discussion to maybe they can change your mind back (threaten you) to vaxing or question why now or why did you change your mind type of thing.

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Quoting snowangel1979:

How has it worked for you so far?  (Glad to know that others are doing it too!)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:39 PM
If he was only vaxxed until 18 months, he'll "need" vaccines in a few months anyway, this requiring an exemption.
So I'd do it your way too. Plus I agree with you about it being no one's business
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby4us09
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:53 PM
I got a religious exemption for all three of my children. Two fully vax d to second grade or so. My baby isn't vaxd at all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)