Made it through baby's 2 month appt. with new ped.!
I've been taking Dylan, my 2 month old, to the local ped. clinic since the Dr.'s there were the ones who saw him in the hospital. We also see a naturpathic Dr. but she doesn't really see babies until they are 3 months old. I was prepared to get into it with this Dr., but it wasn't too bad. We first got onto the subject of vax's when she first said she was okay with us delaying the hep. B vax since I declined it at Dylan's 1 month appt. Then I told her we were delaying vax's until at least 2 years old. She then went into how she's taken care of babies turning blue because they can't breath from pertusis and babies so sick from meningitis. i gave her my reasons for declining including my dd's bad reaction at 2 months old, a history of autoimmune disease in my family, my dd's neurlogical disorders (apraxia of speech and spd), issues with vax ingedients, no good long term studies done on vaccines. She came back and said my dd's reaction (hugely swollen leg and hours of crying/screaming) were only mild side effects and didn't warrant deaying vaccines. I don't think so! She also told me there have been several studies tracking development of vax vs. non vax children and there aren't any long term evelopmental differences. Then she went on to explain I shouldn't rely on herd immunity to which I told her there is no such thing because vaccines are so ineffective. She agreed with that one, only because she said adults need to get their boosters. Even after all that she told me the combination vax they offer is safer than doing one vaccine at a time. Her reasoning was that you're not getting all of the other ingredients in the vaccine multiple times. I understood what she was getting at, but in all my reasearch, I've always read that there could be a greater reaction with combined vax's. Anyways, I stood my ground even though this Dr. thought she could sway me.