Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Doctors office sent a letter

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi mom's!

I am one mom who has pretty much been sheilding my kids from unnecessary vaccinations.

So I have not been taking my( to be) 6 month old to the peditrician  lately because they want to vaccinate. This is all the well check ups really are. I am against and wish to be respected for that and want no harm to my family because of my choice.  I already expressed concern with the doctor. By the way my baby is healthy and coming along just fine. Blessed that he doesn't need the close care of a doctor. Theres really not mych to do except go when he really has to. BTW, I am not a new mom,a mother of 9,I am experienced with children and rarely have they been sick even with colds. 

Apparently, because the peditrician  isn't seeing my child for vaccination,he decides to have his nurse compose a letter. 

Dear Parent

We have noticed --------------has not been seen yet at our office for his/her well child visit. We urge you to schedule an appointment as soon as possible.

Compliance with appointments is very important to maintain health and ensure optimal care,failure to do so may be detrimental to your child's health and well being

Public aid recipients are required to comply with scheduled visits to maintain benefits. 

Thank You,

--------------MSN,APN,CPNP

blank stare

What do you feel about this letter? 

How would you handle this or would you?

Is what the nurse saying have any truth,any law to back this statement up? or just a tactic to put fear in the alleged ignorant misinformed parents?

by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Replies (11-13):
mothertory
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this

My state ins. papers say in the booklet that well visits and recommended procedures must be followed to keep insurance.  However, I haven't taken my kids to a well visit or gotten vaxes since 2007 or 2008.  So I call BS on that.

loriec
by New Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Good idea! 

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

If you have state medical insurance, yes they can require well check ups. They cannot require vaccines though. Your doctors office on the other hand may. I would call their front desk (annonymously) and ask if they accept unvaccinated patients. Either they will say yes or no. If they say no move to another doctor.

wolfybaby
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:48 PM

i have public aid for my daughter since she was born and i have *never* recieved a reminder to vaccinate, reminder to go to appointments, or have the doctor or insurance threaten to let me go due to lack of either. my daughter has not gotten a single injection. and she has "missed" over half of her scheduled appointments. not a single word about it! maybe im lucky, or maybe washington is lax. but i think your clinic is either a. trying to threaten you to comply to their practices in order to "have a doctor" or b. looking for an excuse to let you go because you are lowering their vaccination rates among patients [they lose money for that] and taking up space on their roster.

if i were you, i would call and tell them that you dont need them anymore and look for a new pediatrician or general practitioner that sees babies that will respect your choices. and call the insurance company to see if the compulsory visits are true.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN