Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Exemption form for preschool?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:52 AM
  • 18 Replies
  • 414 Total Views

We are looking into preschool for DS and I was curious as to how exemptions work. Our oldest was fully vaccinated so this is the first time we are putting a non-vaxed child in school. I found exemption forms online for my state but I was wondering if they had to be filled with the state or anything? Or do you just sign them and file them with each school?

Thank you in advance for your help!

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MarchHare3
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:55 AM
My 3yo just started pre-k. All I did was sign the paper and the school nurse filed it. She had the paperwork to. Seriously I didn't have to do anything but sign my name.
SrkStrickland
by New Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:05 AM

That's the way the form looks to me too. Simple. Hopefully it truly is! lol

Quoting MarchHare3:

My 3yo just started pre-k. All I did was sign the paper and the school nurse filed it. She had the paperwork to. Seriously I didn't have to do anything but sign my name.

MarchHare3
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:13 AM
It really was. When I was getting him registered they ask for immunization records. So I wrote a note saying that he hasn't reserved any and I don't plan on getting them. So the school nurse called me to come in. She had the paperwork to fill out. I think all I had to do was put his information and a phone number then signed it. I was actually surprised. I thought it was going to be a huge fuss about it. But they didn't care at all.

Quoting SrkStrickland: That's the way the form looks to me too. Simple. Hopefully it truly is! lol

Quoting MarchHare3:My 3yo just started pre-k. All I did was sign the paper and the school nurse filed it. She had the paperwork to. Seriously I didn't have to do anything but sign my name.

Baby4us09
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:29 AM

I did a religious exemption and a  letter from a pastor. Easy peasy.

dedicatedrider
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:32 AM

What state are you in?  States vary, in Texas you have to get an exemption form from the state.

GoodyBrook
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:40 AM

In my state, only a medical exemption is allowed for any state-registered daycare / pre-k.  They do not allow religious exemptions until kiddos are in actual school.  UG....

I'm envious that your state is so liberal!

nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:35 PM

If they get any state funding I think they have to.

Quoting GoodyBrook:

In my state, only a medical exemption is allowed for any state-registered daycare / pre-k.  They do not allow religious exemptions until kiddos are in actual school.  UG....

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersDaisypath Halloween tickers
kitty8199
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:36 PM
I just turned in the paper. They made a copy and gave it back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:37 PM
What state. I don't think that's legal. If they take them for school they have to for daycare

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMmama
by New Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:46 PM
I just had to sign a form and get it notoriZed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)