Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Now they say flu shots during pregnancy could lower autism risk--What next?

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:33 PM
  • 18 Replies
  • 634 Total Views

Flu Shots During Pregnancy Could Reduce Autism Risk

Pre-loaded syringes of 2013/2014 flu vaccine.

Expectant moms have yet another good reason to get their flu shot. It will lower their new baby’s risk of autism. "From a public health point of view, this is very exciting news," says Greg Poland, M.D., head of Mayo Clinic'sVaccine Research Group. "About 1 in 88 kids or so in the U.S. are getting diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), so this is a major public health issue and the potential benefit is huge." The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) says autism has increased tenfold over the past 40 years. So, who wouldn’t roll up their sleeve to lower the risk?  Dennis Douda has this report. [TRT 2:00]

Journalists: To read a transcript of the video report click here. Additional b-roll is available in the downloads.

by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Baby4us09
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:51 PM

This doesnt make sense. But yet it has increased? He doesnt even seem to believe the crap he is vomiting up!

maddiesmommy5
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:25 PM

O FFS, and people just believe this crap? I am so glad for my midwife, I will be giving birth in a birthing center attached to the hospital, and even they know not to ask me if I want the flu shot. 

MacMamaof5
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:17 PM

slapLIARS!!!!!!!!!!!

Baby4us09
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Funny thing is that girl looks familiar.  I  think I went to school with her.

kmugs
by Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Oh - so they are admitting there has been a real rise in autism, and not just a rise in diagnosis - as most pro-vaxxers usually claim?

Topaz99
by Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I remember seeing this on the news last year when I was pregnant.  Apparently when you run a fever while pregnant that can cause autism.  Haven't pregnant women been getting the flu for thousands of years?  Why would this be linked to the sudden rise of autism all of the sudden?  Ridiculous!  

Baby4us09
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Something new they can say to up the vaccine sales.

Quoting Topaz99:

I remember seeing this on the news last year when I was pregnant.  Apparently when you run a fever while pregnant that can cause autism.  Haven't pregnant women been getting the flu for thousands of years?  Why would this be linked to the sudden rise of autism all of the sudden?  Ridiculous!  

kitty8199
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 5:02 PM
How does that even make sense
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby4us09
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Im sure someone will come up wiht a solution or reason it makes sense. lol

Quoting kitty8199:

How does that even make sense

starinmysky
by Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 6:13 PM

I find it amazing how EVERYONE gets themselves and their children  flu shots now.  Everyone I know has gotten it.  When I was a kid, I never had it.  I don't know what is wrong with people.  It's like no one can think for themselves anymore.  Very scary.  I can't imagine being pregnant and injecting myself with a flu shot. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)