Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HUGE probs with Gardisil

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:36 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 238 Total Views

HPV vaccination programs have not been shown to be cost-effective in countries with comprehensive Pap screening and surgery

Quote:

In the pre-licensure trials adverse events were only actively monitored for 15 days after vaccination [31]. However, in the post-licensure passive surveillance system events were reported that occurred weeks or months after vaccination [31]. It is known that the effects of the chemicals in the vaccines can be latent and appear weeks, months or years after administration [33,34]. The researchers themselves claim that the surveillance system is severely limited [31]. The limitations include:

I. It is a passive system so events are underreported.

II. Not all reported events are systematically validated.

III. Inconsistency in the quality and completeness of reported data.

IV. Reporting biases.

http://www.infectagentscancer.com/content/8/1/21

Quote:

VAERS received 12 424 reports of AEFIs following qHPV distribution, a rate of 53.9 reports per 100,000 doses distributed. A total of 772 reports (6.2% of all reports) described serious AEFIs, including 32 reports of death.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19690307?dopt=Abstract&holding=f1000,f1000m,isrctn

by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kitty8199
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:40 PM
6.2% is actually a lot for reactions. Small number that means a lot
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby4us09
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:04 AM

So sad. Glad DH is onboard when we even did vax that we would never get that for our children.

polkaspots
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:07 AM
I'm very grateful that this vaccine wasn't around when I was a teenager. My parents would have made me get it. And fortunately its not given to infants because I would have given it to dd. I didn't know any better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby4us09
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Same here. My mother things that all these drugs, vaccines and such are the best thing. It irritates me!

Quoting polkaspots:

I'm very grateful that this vaccine wasn't around when I was a teenager. My parents would have made me get it. And fortunately its not given to infants because I would have given it to dd. I didn't know any better.

polkaspots
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:32 AM
She gets mad when I don't give my kids cold medicine... The kid was five months old the first time she got a cold. She still looks at me funny when I say I've never purchased infant cold medicine. I think the first time dd got cold medicine was shortly after her third birthday and that only lasted a few days. I give Motrin and Tylenol more frequently, but not before six months and usually only a few times a year.
She gets the flu shot every year and gets horribly sick every year. She refuses to change her diet and lifestyle because she thinks the flu shot is keeping her healthy...

Quoting Baby4us09:

Same here. My mother things that all these drugs, vaccines and such are the best thing. It irritates me!

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby4us09
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Oh wow! Does she not see a correlation?

Quoting polkaspots:

She gets mad when I don't give my kids cold medicine... The kid was five months old the first time she got a cold. She still looks at me funny when I say I've never purchased infant cold medicine. I think the first time dd got cold medicine was shortly after her third birthday and that only lasted a few days. I give Motrin and Tylenol more frequently, but not before six months and usually only a few times a year.
She gets the flu shot every year and gets horribly sick every year. She refuses to change her diet and lifestyle because she thinks the flu shot is keeping her healthy...

Quoting Baby4us09:

Quoting polkaspots:

polkaspots
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:36 AM
She says the flu shot is what keeps her from being really sick... Idk I think vomiting nightly for two weeks and walking around like a sniffling zombie with a very red nose is pretty bad. I feel bad for her. She consistently fill her body up with crap and wonders why she's always exhausted and sick.

Quoting Baby4us09:

Oh wow! Does she not see a correlation?

Quoting polkaspots:

Quoting Baby4us09:

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby4us09
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Too each their own right? 

Quoting polkaspots:

She says the flu shot is what keeps her from being really sick... Idk I think vomiting nightly for two weeks and walking around like a sniffling zombie with a very red nose is pretty bad. I feel bad for her. She consistently fill her body up with crap and wonders why she's always exhausted and sick.

polkaspots
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I guess. It's just weird to me. I'm not against vaccines in general, I just don't understand the logic behind annually getting a shot that doesn't help you when there are other ways that she could help her immune system that would actually work.

Quoting Baby4us09:

Too each their own right? 

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovelyheaven271
by Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:03 AM

One of my very best friends recieved this vaccination in her early 20's shortly after she was diagnosed with a thyroid issue and fibromyalgia.  She knows it was caused by gardasil. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)