Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finding a Ped in CT

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 4:18 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 135 Total Views

I am sure this has come up a million times, but I can't seem to find a vax-friendly pediatrician in central CT less than 35 minutes from where I live. I am a FTM due Dec. 2nd and the hospital is asking who my ped will be. We spoke with one office that said we can delay, but they will throw us out if we do not eventually get all the vax (we are OK with some, but not all). This seems to be the consensus with all the peds in the area I have called. I am at my wits end and have no idea what to do next. My baby will be going in to daycare at 3 months old (where I work) and some of the vax are required to enter (and they are the ones I am ok with). Can anyone help me, guide me, advise me, give me a ped in the area? 

by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lovelyheaven271
by Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 4:46 PM

These are listed in this group not sure if any are close to you or not.

Dr Cindy St Onge (860-678-0484) Avon, CT

Dr Juan (203-661-2441) Greenwitch CT

Dr Kendra Becker Mystic, CT

emmy526
by New Owner on Nov. 7, 2013 at 4:56 PM

none of those are close but i was going to suggest calling them to see if they had any recommendations for someone nearby....you could also use a family practitioner instead of a pedi--they are a lot less pushy on the vax issue.

Quoting lovelyheaven271:

These are listed in this group not sure if any are close to you or not.

Dr Cindy St Onge (860-678-0484) Avon, CT

Dr Juan (203-661-2441) Greenwitch CT

Dr Kendra Becker Mystic, CT

RoMigs
by New Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Thanks- I will try calling them for recommendations. I only moved to CT from NJ last year so I don't have many resources here yet.
emmy526
by New Owner on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:35 PM

i'll also ask mine tomorrow when i take my dd in....

nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:08 AM

We use a DO not an MD.  A doctor of Osteopathy is a medical dr but theya re generally less pushy.  Also you child does not need any vaccines to be in childcare.  I would particularly avoid the TDaP and Rotavirus vaccines.  The TDaP is linked with a 70% increased risk of SIDS and the Rotavirus vaccine can cause some fatal intestinal issues. 

emmy526
by New Owner on Nov. 8, 2013 at 7:44 AM

i can't help but wonder if the rota vaccine is responsible for the uptake in children's GI disorders as well...

Quoting nicki.hemingway:

We use a DO not an MD.  A doctor of Osteopathy is a medical dr but theya re generally less pushy.  Also you child does not need any vaccines to be in childcare.  I would particularly avoid the TDaP and Rotavirus vaccines.  The TDaP is linked with a 70% increased risk of SIDS and the Rotavirus vaccine can cause some fatal intestinal issues. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)