Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really struggling with this decision..

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:51 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 1157 Total Views
My partner and I read dr sears book on vaccines and had come to a confident conclusion that we would give our son the HIB vaccine as well as the polio vaccine. After speaking to a local nurse ( the only health care "professional" willing to partially vaccinate near us) with regards to our choice, we became nervous that she would call child protective services on negligence counts. She was very intimidating and though I know in ontario she would have no stance, we were still very afraid and are now considering not vaccinating at all as we did not want to face her and trust her to give his shots in the event that she gave the wrong ones.

ANYWAY, that aside, since I'm reconsidering everything, do you ladies have any advice on shots you think are important and those that aren't and tips on how to express ourselves to the nurse so that she will see that we only have our sons best interest in mind. I know it is a personal decision but I'm feeling very alone and confused with all the contradictory literature out there.

Thanks a million.

(Son is 7 months old, we have delayed all vaccines to date, he is breast fed and we intend to breastfeed past 2 years)
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

The can not call CPS for refusing to vaccinate.  You are obviously seeking medical care for your child when necessary.  As for those shots, I would put them off and do some more research. 

Kayy543
by New Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:15 PM
Thank you, I will do so. This has been the hardest parenting choice yet, I appreciate the support.
emmy526
by New Owner on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Simplly tell the nurse for now it's against your beliefs..that will give you more time to research and make a more informed, rational decision, rather than making one based on emotions. 

jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:11 PM
I'm glad you made it over here! Definitely hold off until you're certain. My babe was over a year when I finally made the decision.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Presley77
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:47 PM
Can you see a naturopathic dr instead? They may be easier to deal with. I would not go back to her. And they can't call cps for that. It's not neglect.
Kayy543
by New Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:13 PM
We do see a naturopath on occasion but maybe I should make it more of a regularity. Everyone we've encountered thus far that practice western medecin have been quite unhelpful to say the least. Thank you.
kryysteez
by Member on May. 15, 2015 at 12:04 AM

Look online for surveys done on the unvaccinated children.  They clearly show that when you keep a childs immune system pure, they dont have problems.  Even one vaccine damages the immune system.  The toxic ingredients are in ALL vaccines, stuff not meant for human consumption.  Vaccines and sugar are the massive culprits of human destruction

HiNeedNiki
by Member on May. 16, 2015 at 11:28 AM
Don't go back to anyone whose trustworthiness is even slightly questionable. Can you find someone else even if further away? And research more. Mine are fully unvaccinated and at 4 and 6 years old, remain very healthy. I breastfed my first for 18 months and second for 34 months, which i think helped tremendously. In the first two years I was admittedly more selective about who they around, but I did take them to the playground etc so they weren't in a bubble or anything.

You can always change your mind later, but you can't take them back... good luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)