Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why is this so hard??

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:15 PM
  • 18 Replies
  • 774 Total Views

I don't get it, why is it so hard for the schools to understand that I am not going to vaccinate my children any further.  I got a letter from the school telling us of the new vaccination requirements for 6th graders this fall and at the end of the letter a personal note from the head nurse for the entire school system warning me that my son must be caught up on his shots by the start of the new school year.  Our youngest is going into kindergarten this fall and I can't wait to see how much crap they are going to give me when they see she has only had vaccinations until 18 months old?? Why can't they understand I don't want to vaccinate my children...uggh

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emmy526
by New Owner on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Did you turn in a waiver?

superwoman8977
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 11:11 AM
Yes but they don't want to accept it, especially for my daughter going into kindergarten
Baby4us09
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 11:24 AM

They have to. Is it public?  My DD's private school took mine no problems!

Quoting superwoman8977: Yes but they don't want to accept it, especially for my daughter going into kindergarten

emmy526
by New Owner on Feb. 6, 2014 at 11:25 AM
3 moms liked this

then show them a copy of the law and demand they adhere to the law

Quoting superwoman8977: Yes but they don't want to accept it, especially for my daughter going into kindergarten

superwoman8977
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 11:29 AM
They don't care about the law they even sent a letter a couple of months ago about how unvaccinated kids need to be vaccinated, they don't care, they also have sent letters to me saying if there is a measles outbreak my child will be sent home and not be allowed back till they are vaccinated or 4 weeks later...
superwoman8977
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 11:30 AM
We couldn't put dd in preschool at our church because she wasn't fully vaccinated...

Quoting Baby4us09:

Baby4us09
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 11:32 AM

oh wow!   Hope it goes better going into kindergarden.  If not will you home school?

Quoting superwoman8977: We couldn't put dd in preschool at our church because she wasn't fully vaccinated...

Quoting Baby4us09:

snowangel1979
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 11:43 AM
What state are you in and what exemption status are you using.

When you go to enroll your DD, I wouldn't bring in her vaccine record at all, just the waiver.
From what I've seen in some of my friends and on here is they seem to bug the ones who have had some vaccines more then if you don't have any.

I wound just send in the waiver and ignore her. If you've done everything you legally have too, throw anything she sends home away. If she knows It's bugging you she probley thinks she can get you to vax him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by New Owner on Feb. 6, 2014 at 11:50 AM

They absolutely have to abide by state laws....let them know your atty will also let them know via registered letter (even if you don't have an atty, use this excuse , because it always shuts them up)

And, schools CAN exclude unvaxed kids during an outbreak until the dept of health deems said outbreak over

Quoting superwoman8977: They don't care about the law they even sent a letter a couple of months ago about how unvaccinated kids need to be vaccinated, they don't care, they also have sent letters to me saying if there is a measles outbreak my child will be sent home and not be allowed back till they are vaccinated or 4 weeks later...

kmugs
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:43 PM

I wonder if they are just sending out form type letters to everybody?  Sadly, there is nothing against them sending out letter and reminders...even when we think it is over the top.

As long as you have an exemption on file, I would assume the letters do not apply to me and ignore them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)