Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dr. is forcing me to vaccinate!?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:14 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 554 Total Views
Hi Moms,
I just had a baby 3 Weeks ago. He is the light of my life. I assigned my older son's pediatrician to be this one's. I told her at his first appt that I did not want him to get vaccinated and she told me that the health dept says different and will not allow it. I was shocked and scared so I left Her office. Is that true? I live in NY and have been looking online for mandates outside of stenting public schools. I am so worried that l will be forced to vaccinate him. My older son has many issues including sensory and motor. He was fine and suddenly he changed. I want to give this new baby a chance. Can they force me to put these toxins in my baby?
Any input is greatly appreciated:-)
Marge
CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emmy526
by New Owner on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

No, they cannot...NY has two exemptions...they flat out lied to you, to coerce into compliance...Has this pedi given you grief about not vaxing your other child?

cam2122
by New Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:16 PM
WOW. Can you document her telling you this somehow? I would really consider taking your boys somewhere else. If she will flat out lie and manipulate parents then what else is she capable of. I am disgusted with that doctor.
Presley77
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this
She flat out lied to you to try to force it on you. You do not have to vaccinate. Find a new pedi ASAP! That's not ok for her to do. I would also report her.
Bellephi7
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you all so much.more and more I realize that I just can't take a doctors word.I knew something was wrong with what she was saying. I always have to do my own research because they are not honest. I just got a new pediatrician referral by a friend.
.sp4rkl3z.
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:48 PM
I hear it is a lot more difficult than other states to get an exemption there. Good luck, that makes me so mad that she was trying to bully you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by New Owner on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:50 PM

i've so many different experiences on this from people in NY..it seems whatever borough a person is in can have a totally opposite experience, just like someone in upstate NY, too...weird...you'd think the state would adopt one policy, and not make it up to the individual school's discretion. Guess that makes too much sense, tho for the beaurocrats

Quoting .sp4rkl3z.: I hear it is a lot more difficult than other states to get an exemption there. Good luck, that makes me so mad that she was trying to bully you

jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:39 PM
http://www.vaclib.org/exempt/newyork.htm

I'd run fast and far for a new ped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starbuck75
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:11 AM

You need to familiarize your self with this page: http://www.vaclib.org/exempt/newyork.htm

Unfortunatley, New York is probably the toughest state to get an expemtion in, so you will need to joing groups that are fighting to changed this.  new York also has one of the highest rats of autism int he country, but state officials can't seem to put two and two together.

Also familiarize yourself with this page and its links: http://www.nyhen.org/RegsSum.htm

In states where it is tough to get an exemtion, many  parents decide to home school, but New York is highly regulated in taht area too.  My in-laws live up-state so I am familiary with it.  I am so gald to live in Texas - though we rank fiftieth in the education of chidlren with autism, AT LEAST we have great exemption laws and enjoy a lot of reedom to home school, which is what we do.

I want to urge you to do what you ahve to do.  Your older son already has problems.  That is a red flag warning you not to vacciante this child.  If your child is harmed it is ONLY YOU who will have to be rsponsible as you cannot sue anyone over vaccine damge or death.

I knwo this first hand.  More than 12.5 years ago my only child - my healthy, talking, bright eyed baby boy was given four vaccines and immeidatley lost the ability to speak.  It also wrecked his immune system. b Since the shots he became ill with an infection and fever roughly every two weeks from 2001-2010.  Then we started a new protocol and things have finally gotten a little better though no where near normal yet.  My son has had too many cases of bronchitis, strep, staph, and cellulitis to count.  He has had nine bouts of pneumonia and two episodes o fmeningitis for which he was hospitalized last August.  Vaccines WRECKED his immune system.  He cannot even fight the bacteria that gets introduced when an insect bites him.  he will develop radiating stpah from each and every bite site. In additon to the medica comorbidities, my son decende into autism with a loss of speech and other autistic like behaviors.  These have improved greatly over the years with adherence of strict diet, nutriotnal supplements and detoxification.  He has also had many therapies.

From teh period of last October to the end of Decenmber, our insurance was billed in excess of 19,500 alone. We were broke years ago due to this.  We only thatnk god that after many years of waiting we were able to get him on a program that helps us help him, but it still does not cover the 1000 plus needs he has per month that w emust come up with.  Due to his chronic sickness I could never return to working full-time, which has cost us 50,000 per year that I have not worked.

For ten years the government made us all jump through hoops with the "special vaccine court" and when they couldn't make us given up and go away then they used the Supreme court to blow off all our children.

NY does have exemptions but they are hard to get and y ou will have to fight for your child.  You should do whatever it takes.  If I could go back, you know that is the one thing I would cahnge - I would nver let anyone vacciante my baby.  It cahgne our whole lives forever and not for the better.  We will alwasy struggle financially and we do not know who will take care of our child once we are gone.

My so nis better but still sick often.  He did learn to talk again after about 3.5 years of very ahrd work and jsut began having short converstaions at the age of eleven.

Do not let vaccines ruin your child's life nor you life. Study aobu timmunity and how to nautrally gie your child a strong one.

starbuck75
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Please keep in mind that docotrs LIE all the time to further their own agendas.  I allowed my son to be vaccainted provided they did not give him thimerosal containing vaccines which are half mercury.  They lied about the ingredients, and my son was mercury poisoned (he has a diagnosis of "Heavy Metal Intoxication").  And we STILL were not allowed to sue them even for lying.  they truly do have a license to maim and kill without any repurcussions.  Caveat Emptor.

Liz132
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 11:41 AM

It's not true. I'm in NYS too. She flat out lied to you. As far as school goes a non vaccinating family has options, medical or religious exemptions for public school, homeschooling, or a private school that excepts exemptions. Find a different doctor that you can trust.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)