Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm right,right?

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:22 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 178 Total Views

So, a few days ago I posted on facebook that I didn't know the county we live in has a Christian academy. I homeschool and I was looking for info on the academy. Well my mother in law was talking to me yesterday and she works with a lady (in a school cafeteria) who has kids that go to that school. I found out it's publicly funded so I thought my kids can go as long as I do a waiver for them not being vaccinated. My mother in law said the lady she talked to said kids have to be vaccinated and I told mil no they don't as long as it's publicly funded. Well today I was talking to my husband's aunt who's a teacher out here and she said she could get me info on the school but "they wouldn't let unvaccinated kids in just like they won't let you go to public school." I told her yes they can go to public school I just have to write a religious waiver, since our state doesn't have the "I choose not to vaccinate because it's my choice" waiver and they have to honor it. She didn't believe me.     I'm right though aren't I?  Public school and publicly funded private schools have to accept my unvaccinated kids as long as I do a waiver right???

by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommyofone123
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:24 PM

I live in Indiana if that makes a difference

emmy526
by New Owner on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:47 PM

yes, you are correct...heres a  number to call to confirm

6. Does the Indiana State Department of Health determine if a child is excluded from 

school? 

A. No, school exclusion is determined by the school according to IC 20-34-4-5. For 

questions regarding exclusion from school, please contact Phyllis Lewis at the 

Department of Education at 317-232-9142.

jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 6:13 PM
All kids MUST be up to date on all vaccines to attend public schools. Unless they sign a legal exemption.

It's that second, fine-line part that they are all missing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennacat
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:10 AM

Most people don't know that they have rights. I have people tell me all the time that my kids can't go to public school bc they are vaccinated. It's  a lie. That's why I tell people to do their own research bc the schools won't tell you the truth. Makes me so mad.

kitty8199
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:18 PM
You're right. Only WV and MS don't allow exemptions
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoodyBrook
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:39 PM

They've likely never had the opportunity to learn about exemptions at this school.  Go, mama!  You'll be a trail-blazer if you choose to enroll your kiddos!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)