Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Provaxers throwing the 'McCarthy or Wakefield' spin

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 7:47 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 210 Total Views

It's like, they run out of insults, so the next best thing is to accuse us of following jenny or wakefield, as tho that is the worst kind of insult they could say..lol....it's so silly and ridiculous, that now whenever someone says that,  to me, it just shows the real ignorance of the subject. 

by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 7:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Baby4us09
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Agreed. Then when you ask for them to elaborate its...Well thats what they say.

Who is they?

The news.

SMH

nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:11 PM

I like to reply with the fact that Wakefield's disproof was shown to be made up and the Wakefield study is about gut problems in children with autism post MMR.  I also like to point out that every other country acknowledge a link but the US.

HiNeedNiki
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:53 AM
I wish I had a rebuttal like that when a friend threw Wakefield at me. Do you have sources I could point to?

Quoting nicki.hemingway:

I like to reply with the fact that Wakefield's disproof was shown to be made up and the Wakefield study is about gut problems in children with autism post MMR.  I also like to point out that every other country acknowledge a link but the US.

emmy526
by New Owner on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2012/03/08/andy-wakefield-exonerated-because-john-w/

http://www.ebcala.org/areas-of-law/vaccine-law/co-author-of-lancet-mmr-autism-study-exonerated-on-all-charges-of-professional-misconduct

http://www.forbes.com/sites/emilywillingham/2012/11/14/specter-of-wakefield-retractions-haunts-evidence-of-gut-inflammation-in-autism/

Here are some articles about him.  

Quoting HiNeedNiki: I wish I had a rebuttal like that when a friend threw Wakefield at me. Do you have sources I could point to?
Quoting nicki.hemingway:

nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 2:32 PM

I don't have the link anymore.  You could probably search Wakefield and exonerated.  Also search teh actual study.  It is not nearly as contraversial as peopple think.  Also Italy routinely admits there is an autism and vaccine link. 

Quoting HiNeedNiki: I wish I had a rebuttal like that when a friend threw Wakefield at me. Do you have sources I could point to?
Quoting nicki.hemingway:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilySlim Weight loss tickers
peanut06
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 1:50 PM

They (doctors and laypeople alike) are usually struck speechless when I tell them my reasons for not vaccinating have nothing to do with autism and that most of my research came off CDC and manufacturers' websites.  Like, seriously, is the Jenny/Wakefield their only answer!?!

Happy momma and natural birth, homeschooling, and ERF advocate!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)