Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to not vaccinating few questions

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:51 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 226 Total Views
We're pretty knew to not vaccinating after a lot of researching and talking we decided to stop our vaccines our ds is almost fully vaccinated and my dd is up to her 12'month shots but any other babies won't be getting any! My husband posted something on facebook this morning(let me post the link it's probably eAsier to read than me just writing it all!) and instantly we hear if people don't vaccinate their children they need to be sued for making infants and people with compromised immune symptoms sick!
It drives me nuts it's all we ever hear about people who don't vaccinate are selfish we hear a lot! It's aggravating. How do you guys deal with this?
What do you guys do about a doctor? I always feel kind of bullied about not vaccinating so we just don't take them, we haven't had a well baby check since she was a year.
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TashaLav
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:52 PM
Here's the link to the article sorry I'm
Mobile
http://www.livingwhole.org/a-parents-response-to-the-new-york-times-article-eliminate-vaccine-exemptions/
emmy526
by New Owner on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:10 PM

First off, don't go announcing your new found status on social media, unless you like nasty backlash...what you do medically for your child is NO ONES business, ever.   I didn't take mine to well visits either, what's the point? to get sick in the waiting room?  seems like that is what happened with my first two kids.   The best answer to give people is in another post, called, 'The BEST answer to give people' when they ask about a nonvax status and imply you should vaccinate.  As far as drs go, you'll just have to call around  and find one that accepts nonvaxed..family drs might be a little easier to deal with on the issue.  Or go to a naturpathic or homeopathic dr instead. 

TashaLav
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:39 PM
We didn't post that our kids weren't vaccinated just that post about how they wanted to make it mandatory in New York for vaccines!
Perfect I'll check out that other post! Thank you :)

Quoting emmy526:

First off, don't go announcing your new found status on social media, unless you like nasty backlash...what you do medically for your child is NO ONES business, ever.   I didn't take mine to well visits either, what's the point? to get sick in the waiting room?  seems like that is what happened with my first two kids.   The best answer to give people is in another post, called, 'The BEST answer to give people' when they ask about a nonvax status and imply you should vaccinate.  As far as drs go, you'll just have to call around  and find one that accepts nonvaxed..family drs might be a little easier to deal with on the issue.  Or go to a naturpathic or homeopathic dr instead. 

emmy526
by New Owner on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:43 PM

sorry - i misunderstood...even still, posting what you might think is a harmless article is sure to stir the pot with some people, even however unintentional it was.   This nat'l attitude about vaccines, and the emotional debate the topic is stirring up, seems to be bringing out the worst in people, and some crazies, too.  I expect it will get worse, before it gets better.  

Quoting TashaLav: We didn't post that our kids weren't vaccinated just that post about how they wanted to make it mandatory in New York for vaccines! Perfect I'll check out that other post! Thank you :)
Quoting emmy526:

jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Keep vaccine discussions out of the limelight if you want to avoid chaos.  The people who know my girls aren't vaccinated are people who asked and are close enought to me that we can have an open discussion, or people whose children I am related to and felt strongly enough to open the door to knowledge for them.  I no longer post anything vaccine related on FB, and I'm better off for it.

The ped I use is an awesome ND ped who is very respectful of my decisions in general.  I searched high and low looking for a good ped who understands that *I* am the mommy, *I* am raising my children, and *I* get final say in their health.  I will not tolerate demeaning behavior or confrontation from a health care provider.  There's a mini list on this group for pediatricians, I highly recomend you start interviewing peds looking for one you are comfortable with.

Good luck, and welcome to "the dark side"!

Presley77
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 6:03 PM
We see a naturopathic doctor
mjrex87
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 6:51 PM

I found my pediatrician using Dr. Sear's website. And like others have said, I don't discuss the topic with anyone other than close family and friends who are supportive. If you are unsure how someone will react, just don't tell them. They don't need to know.

http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/health-concerns/vaccines/find-vaccine-friendly-doctor-near-you

TashaLav
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 7:36 PM
What's a naturopathic doc and how do you find them.....lol I'm new to all of this lol

Quoting Presley77: We see a naturopathic doctor
BabyPink07
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 7:41 PM

I don't discuss my kids vaxes with anyone, is how I handle it. I don't tell relatives, I don't post, I don't post articles (because really, nothing is going to change their mind unless they want to be open to it), I don't comment, and I block others ignorant comments. I made the mistake once of telling my SIL, and she flipped out sending us articles from sites like vaccinate.org and other BS. Its sad, but in order to protect my children very few know they are not vaccinated. 

Presley77
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:52 PM
They practice medicine from the mindset of addressing the problem (naturally if possible) and not just medicating the symptoms. It's more than that you should google it. Also google naturopaths in your city and you should come up with a few.

Quoting TashaLav: What's a naturopathic doc and how do you find them.....lol I'm new to all of this lol

Quoting Presley77: We see a naturopathic doctor
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)