Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Interesting drs appt today...

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:38 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 374 Total Views
Had a drs appt today for my two year old (we only went to get authorization for something) and I got a lecture on vaccines. Apparently if you get vaccinated, you don't get the diseases you are vaccinated against. She also made sure to tell me several times that my decision was unwise and asked how I would feel if my unvaccinated child was the reason a baby got whooping cough. Her lame attempt at scare tactics obviously didn't work. I'm just surprised that she looked me straight in the eyes and lied. She's a family practice doctor too. I guess it's time to find another Dr...And this is our fourth or fifth one. Lol.
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
peanut06
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:02 PM
4 moms liked this
Sounds like someone missed class the day shedding was discussed.!!
Lotusblooming
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Quoting peanut06: Sounds like someone missed class the day shedding was discussed.!!

Shedding scares me so much. 

EcoModernMom
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:45 PM
we've been through that many doctors too, ugh.
Baby4us09
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Oh wow that is terrible. Sad.

HiNeedNiki
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:19 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm amazed at you moms who can keep your composure! I avoid the whole thing as much as possible and thankfully haven't needed to go to a doc much, but if I got someone saying I could get someone else sick I would probably be the one to start lecturing! So should moms who get my girls sick from their shedding vaccinated babies be made to feel so terrible? Ugh so sick of this society. Sorry I'm grumpy today lol.
rishstickz
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I realized after she said vaccinated people never get the illness they are vaccinated for, that I shouldn't even try to argue with someone so thick. Lol.

Quoting HiNeedNiki: I'm amazed at you moms who can keep your composure! I avoid the whole thing as much as possible and thankfully haven't needed to go to a doc much, but if I got someone saying I could get someone else sick I would probably be the one to start lecturing! So should moms who get my girls sick from their shedding vaccinated babies be made to feel so terrible? Ugh so sick of this society. Sorry I'm grumpy today lol.
trish2tew
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:13 PM

That's why I like ours. I don't get any crap for not vaxing the kids. We will probably have to switch if we move though.

maddiesmommy5
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 6:06 PM

ugh! so glad our dr is respectful of our choice, she still believes in most vaccines but is very understanding.

HeatherD1027
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Quoting maddiesmommy5:

ugh! so glad our dr is respectful of our choice, she still believes in most vaccines but is very understanding.

Ours too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)