Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do I say to this?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:02 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 531 Total Views

http://www.upworthy.com/it-took-studying-25782500-kids-to-begin-to-undo-the-damage-caused-by-1-doctor?g=3&c=ufb1

She is starting to put more and more stuff on FB about vaccines and its really starting to bug me. Wondering why? But anyways what can I say when someone refuses to use critical thinking?

Nothing I guess. But look and tell me what you think. I can't even see straight right now.

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Presley77
by Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:47 PM
Wasn't he proven in court to not have falsified info after all?
Baby4us09
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:55 PM

I thought so too. If anyone has that link please post.

Quoting Presley77: Wasn't he proven in court to not have falsified info after all?

micheledo
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:05 PM
Ugh. I wanted to respond to someone on th last night. The whooping cough info is so awful. The vaccine was changed in the 80's to a less effective vaccine. Of course cases of pertussis went up. Even the dc admits that. It isn't because of non-vaxers or the Wakefield report. And the dc even admitted that vaccinated people are catching the illness with basically no side effects. So the vaccinated are the ones full of disease and infecting everyone.

I researched whooping cough like crazy a couple of years ago and know that one. But not the others so much.
Presley77
by Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:46 PM
I would just do a net search for articles
Baby4us09
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Im trying that right now. :) I want to find a good one to post.  lol

Quoting Presley77: I would just do a net search for articles

Presley77
by Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this
There was a good mercola article that gives some info but I wouldn't use that as a source - maybe use it as a starting point to look up what it talks about. Like there are 19 other peer reviewed studies that are legit and not retracted that show similar findings. Try looking that up. You can focus less on him and maybe more about the link between mmr bowels and autism.
jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I ignore it. If it bothers me that much I'd unfriended her. But a reply from me to this particular issue is always "as long as autism is the only one of my thousand concerns being acknowledged and debated, I'll opt for other, safer means of keeping my kids healthy."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starbuck75
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

If he had a place for replies to his article, I would let him have it along with getting hundreds of other paretns with kids who have "Vaccine Spectrum Disorder" to reply, as well.  His article is so FULL of ____, that it is laughable!  Dr. Wakefield fabricated nothing!  I went to a couple of his seminars whre he presented the findings.  The bellies of the kids in his studies looked so much likem y son's own swollen belly.  I found Dr. Wakfield to be highly intelligent and forthcoming.

His reprot never said "vaccines cause autism."  His findings said that MMR was damaging the lining of the intestines in some children, which could lead to gut dysbiosis and immune dysregulation, and he is 100% right.

As my son received vaccines from birth to fifteen months, all I noticed as teh vaccine regimen progressed was that he became very colicky.  He still met his milestones early.  He was a bright and hapy child - until the stage was set: He recieved MMR at twelve months of age.  Then at fifteen months he recieved four more vaccines - three of which contained thimerosal even after I expressly forbid that my child should get thimerosal containing vaccines.  The docotr deliberatly lied about the ingredietns.  My son immediately lost speech after thsoe four vaccines a descended into a world of autism, transient catatonia, tremors with nystagmus, and chronic illness.

Dr. Wakefield explained that first, the MMR weakens the lining of the intestines and tehn three months later kids get slammed with tons of toxins (in my son's case mercury), and the rest is a biological nightmare.

Out of this whole vACCINE mess, people need to ask themselves,"Who gave upt he most?"  Dr. Wakefield certainly has not benfitted from his findings.  He has been vilified, lost his liscense, and even had to move fromt he UK - all for standing up and telling THE TRUTH.  If he is such a bad man and they cn prove what this stupid piece of drivel is saying, then why is Dr. Wakefield not behind bars?

Dr. Wakefield stnds by his research.  He still speaks around the country to that effect, and he continually challenges ANYONE with the knowledge and experience to do so to debate him ont eh safety and efficacy of teh MMR PUBLICLY - live, televised, and in person.  So far there have been no takers.  So people should ask themsleves, "Where is Paul Offit?"  You would think Offit would jump at the chance to publicly humilliate Dr. Wakefield, but not ONE pro vaccine barker has stepped up to the plate.  Why?  Becasue they know Wakefield is RIGHT, and they know he can prove it.

Dr. Wakefield's partners in the article have already been exonerated in court, and Dr. Wakefield's case is pending in a Texas court. The sad part is taht the courts are run by the governemnt, and the government is in the business of pushing vaccines on an unsuspecting public, as well.  

But I hae no doubt, in the end, a hundred years form now if we all survive the vaccine wars, Dr. Wakefield will be a hero and Paul Offit will assume his rightful place as a villain who helped dage generations of children.

I find it mind boggling that Offit can be hailed for his rotavirus vaccine - as it "has prevented thousands of cases of hospitalizations," and no one mentions that his vaccine has KILLED in excess of 200 children - no one bats an eye, but for Wakefield to stand up and say vaccines (the MMR) may be harming children, and some want the public to beleive he is a criminal. Offits vaccine kills some children and yet the vaccine shills say he will get the Nobel Prize?  

It is not Wakefield who has caused people to turn away form vaccines, it is the countless number of vaccine damged kids that keeps growing and growing so that we now see them eeverywhere.

Who helped heal my son?  It was certainly NO ONE fromt he mainstream, but the information I received from Dr. Wakefiled and brilliant other reserachers (MD's, Ph D's, and reserachers) who have dared to challenge the norm.  I owe my son's improvement to these people. 

If I listened to the mainstream I would have allowed further vaccination and my son would either be dead or still in a very bad place.  He was in terrible shape thirteen years ago and the mainstream said there was "No hope."  Now, he will never be as he was meant to be, BUT he got his voice back and is high functioning.  He will most likely have perpmanent problems from his vaccine damge that will follow him throughout his life - namel immune dysregulation, but at least now he has a life and hope for a future.

Ther ewre so many pieces of misinformation in this article that it warrants reply, but interestingly there was no place to comment.  Obviously this guy knew he would be innundated with parent replies dcallign him on all his misinformation, so sadly we cannot inform the sheep that most of what he said he false.

All we can keep dong is plant seeds in people we meet throughout our day, so that they begin to THINK for themselves.  It pains me to think of how many parents TODAY will joint his journey we have been on for thirteen years now. I wish no other paretn would have to learn the hard way like we had to.

LauraJ1965
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

There's a FB friend of mine who posts pro-vaccine stuff ALL of the time!! She basically works for a pyramid scheme and isn't very educated so I try to turn the other cheek. She actually thinks vaccines should be mandatory for everyone. I am sooo tempted to ask her if she thinks it's okay to give her son chemicals to drink but I haven't yet. It's so hard but I keep saying "don't feed the trolls"!!

Presley77
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 3:03 PM
The stupidity in that is that you would be giving the govt permission to force medicate you. That will be a slippery slope to other forced things- forced sterilization forced lifestyle forced good forced work forced everything. People are absolute morons to not think of this even if they are pro. Also it blows me over how many pro people haven't done a lick of real research compared to the non side yet somehow the non side is uninformed? It just blows my mind the ignorance.

Quoting LauraJ1965:

There's a FB friend of mine who posts pro-vaccine stuff ALL of the time!! She basically works for a pyramid scheme and isn't very educated so I try to turn the other cheek. She actually thinks vaccines should be mandatory for everyone. I am sooo tempted to ask her if she thinks it's okay to give her son chemicals to drink but I haven't yet. It's so hard but I keep saying "don't feed the trolls"!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)