• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT: Until improvement?

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:44 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 176 Total Views

You guys are so knowledgeable I thought I'd ask :) So my DH, I and our 4 kids have all had a cold. My 10 month old woke up with his eye crusted shut Friday so I took him in to the Dr to be on the safe side. The nurse practitioner gave him a prescription for drops for pink eye. He's had problems with immature tear ducts before so I wasn't sure if it was really pink eye but with 3 other kids and the fact that we're throwing a surprise anniversary party for my in-laws and 150 ppl will b there next weekend I was thinking we need to stop this if it is pink eye! Well I did the drops once Friday night. Yesterday his eye looked totally fine all day. I still did 1 drop every 4 hours to be safe. Now today his eye still looks great. The NP wrote on the prescription "continue until improved"......should I quit the drops now or do today? 

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:40 AM
I'd stop the meds.
If you are breastfeeding you can continue with breast milk to be safe w/o concern about the medication.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofone123
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Put a couple drops of breastmilk in the eye? Should 1 drop do or more?

Quoting jellyphish: I'd stop the meds. If you are breastfeeding you can continue with breast milk to be safe w/o concern about the medication.

jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:52 AM
Whatever you'd like, really. I usually use two to three drops three times a day until it clears then once a day for another 24 hrs.

Quoting mommyofone123:

Put a couple drops of breastmilk in the eye? Should 1 drop do or more?

Quoting jellyphish: I'd stop the meds.
If you are breastfeeding you can continue with breast milk to be safe w/o concern about the medication.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:05 PM
Oh! And everyone who is suffering from head colds can use bm as nasal drops- it clears congestion and fights infection super quickly.

I hope everyone feels better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofone123
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:10 PM

Thanks! silly question, how do I administer it? express it and use a medicine dropper?

Quoting jellyphish: Oh! And everyone who is suffering from head colds can use bm as nasal drops- it clears congestion and fights infection super quickly. I hope everyone feels better soon.

jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:18 PM
That's the easiest way I've found, yes.

Quoting mommyofone123:

Thanks! silly question, how do I administer it? express it and use a medicine dropper?

Quoting jellyphish: Oh! And everyone who is suffering from head colds can use bm as nasal drops- it clears congestion and fights infection super quickly.

I hope everyone feels better soon.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)