Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

loopholes? I think its called rights!

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 2:54 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 285 Total Views
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Face palming so hard.
jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 4:21 PM
I'm not opening that (or anything from CNN right now) for obvious reasons. But I will say, despite the obvious hatred, I am really glad the news has been bringing to light all the exemptions available to unvaxxed kids. How many parents have you met that are unhappy they 'HAVE to' get their kids' shots up to date for school? I'm just glad exemptions are in the limelight!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TLIF1281
by Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 5:22 PM
Oh snap! Good point! Before I thought I had no choice. If I didn't get my kids vaccinated they would be taken, is what I thought. I was actually told that by someone. I wondered about kids who had adverse reactions then. That one episode of house where he gets baligerant with that mom about her diet and not vaccinating keeps going through my head. Then the one of private practice where cooper vaccinates the boy without moms consent, because her other son is sick. So they may actually be hurting themselves in the end again haha! Ebola flop, flu fluke, and now guilt tripping fail!

Quoting jellyphish: I'm not opening that (or anything from CNN right now) for obvious reasons. But I will say, despite the obvious hatred, I am really glad the news has been bringing to light all the exemptions available to unvaxxed kids. How many parents have you met that are unhappy they 'HAVE to' get their kids' shots up to date for school? I'm just glad exemptions are in the limelight!
Jennybenny01
by Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 1:56 PM

But it's also bad at the same time that they are in the limelight because many states are jumping on the bandwagon to take them away like where I live in CA. Just introduced legislation yesterday to end the state's personal exemption. And I hear that other states are hoping to do the same. Where will this end?? I'm hyperventilating over here.

Quoting jellyphish: I'm not opening that (or anything from CNN right now) for obvious reasons. But I will say, despite the obvious hatred, I am really glad the news has been bringing to light all the exemptions available to unvaxxed kids. How many parents have you met that are unhappy they 'HAVE to' get their kids' shots up to date for school? I'm just glad exemptions are in the limelight!

gmavacs
by on Feb. 5, 2015 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Did they say only a 43 percent vac rate?  This reminds me of my Canadian ex...he was never vaccinated and didn't think much of it

Juniper53098
by Member on Feb. 7, 2015 at 3:23 PM

I didn't read it, either, but the local station that I watch has had stories that have talked about the exemptions available in WI.  They weren't condemning those families, either.  Of course, they were still encouraging vaccination...

melindabelcher
by Member on Feb. 8, 2015 at 6:50 AM
Such a good point

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)