Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

@@@@2nd update@@@@****update****They are pushing their vaccine survey.....heres my response ...your opinion?

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 6:04 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 464 Total Views
I will not fill out the vaccine survey. My family’s medical information is private and  no member of  M.O.M.S club needs to know it in order to send out an note to members in case of any outbreak. If there were to be an out break when I receive proper notification I will take appropriate measures for the health and welfare of my family as well as others around me.  I am not comfortable with this survey in light of recent attitudes about vaccines and the concern over peoples vaccination status. I am concerned that this survey and the information collected maybe used to ferret out non-vaxxers and delayed vaxxers and to discriminate against them.  I believe this survey infringes on peoples right to privacy and personal choice of medical care, which is and should be legal.I respect everyone's right to make their choice of medical care for what is right and appropriate for their children, family and selves.

The MOMS club that im a part of has sent me several msgs asking me to fill out the survey. Here is my response to them , I havent sent it yet, I want to get it just right. what do you ladies think?
 would it be bad if I used the term finnactical fear mongering? ( lol of this im kidding)

Here is my reply andtheir response:
I will not fill out the vaccine survey. My family’s medical information is private and  no member of  M.O.M.S club needs to know it in order to send out an note to members in case of any outbreak. If there were to be an out break when I receive proper notification I will take appropriate measures for the health and welfare of my family as well as others around me.  I am not comfortable with this survey in light of recent attitudes about vaccines and the concern over peoples vaccination status. I am concerned that this survey and the information collected maybe used to ferret out non-vaxxers and delayed vaxxers and to discriminate against them.  I believe this survey infringes on peoples right to privacy and personal choice of medical care, which is and should be legal. I respect everyone's right to make their choice of medical care for what is right and appropriate for their children, family and selves. I sincerely hope that the results of the survey will not be used to exclude any member or their child from any future MOMS club activities or events.
                                                          respectfully yours, Nicole

Not a problem, Nicole. The survey is by no means mandatory. I'll share your concerns with the rest of the board. 

Thank you,
Wendy

Here is the resaults of the survey that they sent out:

• The board collected vaccination information from our group so that we are prepared in case of an outbreak in our area, and the results are in. From our respondents, our club has a 92% vaccination rate. 
    • We had 26 respondents, and 24 replied yes*, 2 no. None are currently on a delayed schedule. The two members who responded “no” attend events regularly (defined as one or more events per month with their children). We had four members decline to respond (one who is a regular attender and three who are not) and eight members not respond at all (two regular attenders and six who are not).
      * In the case of children too young to be vaccinated, it was counted as a “yes” if they are currently following the CDC-recommended schedule. One “yes” is vaccinated against all but Hepatitis A/B, which is only spread through bodily fluids, due to a dangerous reaction his/her mother had as a child. He/she is up-to-date on all other vaccinations. Another “yes” was on a delayed schedule but is currently up-to-date for what is required by the state to enter school, although not for what is recommended by the CDC.
    • If you haven't yet filled out the survey, please take a moment at http://goo.gl/forms/pfA27owaVF. The information will only be shared with the club in aggregate, e.g. "Our club has a X% vaccination rate," as it was above, and only shared again after we have enough new respondents to protect anonymity, especially important when we have new members who respond. Your individual, personal responses will only be seen by me as president.
    • Please let me or another board member know if you have any questions or concerns. (This survey is by no means mandatory, of course, but we appreciate your responses.)

by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 6:04 PM
    Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Replies (1-6):
    jellyphish
    by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 6:48 PM
    Looks good. I'd keep it on the noninflammatory side.
    Posted on CafeMom Mobile
    hypersquirrel
    by Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 7:14 PM

Thank you jellyphish. Yes you are right .i am intending for it to be non inflamitory and still convey my point.  I only added "that I hope the survey resaults would not be used  to discriminate and exclude moms and their children from future club activites. I signed it respectfully yours, nicole.

Quoting jellyphish: Looks good. I'd keep it on the noninflammatory side.

micheledo
    by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 8:42 PM
    Did you send it? I think I would just say I do not divulge medical information for anyone in our family unless it is for a doctor.
    hypersquirrel
    by Member on Feb. 24, 2015 at 5:03 AM

BUMP!

emmy526
    by New Owner on Feb. 24, 2015 at 9:53 AM

i wonder how many other moms feel the same way about that 'survey'...have you found anyone else who is not happy with it?

hypersquirrel
    by Member on Mar. 3, 2015 at 8:12 PM

Quoting emmy526:

i wonder how many other moms feel the same way about that 'survey'...have you found anyone else who is not happy with it?

I am curious to know that myself. I plan to ask around and see.

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)