Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Measles outbreak in MN

Posted by on May. 3, 2017 at 3:39 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 309 Total Views

Seems like the powers at be are taking turns with the states with the outbreaks. The unvaccinated community is being blamed and ostrisized. This is based purely on uncircumstancial evidence. It is frusterating. I don't tell anyone that my children aren't vaccinated. I have an in home day care and I haven't said anything to myparents about it because it will cause fear for lack of knowledge.

I still need to look things up but can anyone tell me anything about this? One parent wants to get her 9 month old the MMR vaccine. UGH

by on May. 3, 2017 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
emmy526
by New Owner on May. 3, 2017 at 6:05 PM

I would put out info for the parents about the MMR vaccine and how it's not beneficial for a child under 15mos, due to limited antibody production because of the age and physiological way the body works.  

Of course nonvaxxers will be the scapegoats in this one, too. 

Baby4us09
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2017 at 6:12 PM

She just asked me if all over age 1 are vaxxed for MMR. She is flippen out. I said Yes. Im not going to go into it with a parent over vaccination status.

Quoting emmy526:

I would put out info for the parents about the MMR vaccine and how it's not beneficial for a child under 15mos, due to limited antibody production because of the age and physiological way the body works.  

emmy526
by New Owner on May. 3, 2017 at 6:24 PM

i would have gone into more detail with her on the MMR and shedding

Quoting Baby4us09:

She just asked me if all over age 1 are vaxxed for MMR. She is flippen out. I said Yes. Im not going to go into it with a parent over vaccination status.

Quoting emmy526:

Baby4us09
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2017 at 9:26 AM

I should have given her a few facts on the vaccine. Then she could have looked them up and verified them for herself. She seems to go with what she is told. Fallacies. I try and keep my distance with some people. I gave her some resources for breastfeeding and experiences and such, I had breastfed 4 children to her 1 but she went according to what her pediatrician told her because he is a doctor. What do I know?!

Quoting emmy526:

Quoting Baby4us09:

Quoting emmy526:

emmy526
by New Owner on May. 5, 2017 at 10:43 AM

chances are, even if she did look them up for herself, she still would believe the dr over true facts, -  so there is literally nothing you can do except for be more picky about the families whose kids you care for. 

A school here in cali is teaching junior high kids the measles vax came out in 1961 - total lie, and they even provided fake graphs with it, too.....SMH -- so schools are telling our kids mistruth about science, too

Quoting Baby4us09:

I should have given her a few facts on the vaccine. Then she could have looked them up and verified them for herself. She seems to go with what she is told. Fallacies. I try and keep my distance with some people. I gave her some resources for breastfeeding and experiences and such, I had breastfed 4 children to her 1 but she went according to what her pediatrician told her because he is a doctor. What do I know?!

Quoting emmy526:

Quoting Baby4us09:

Quoting emmy526:

Baby4us09
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2017 at 1:48 PM
What a disgrace.
They are starting them young. Those students need to verify information presented to them. Most of any will not.

Quoting emmy526:

chances are, even if she did look them up for herself, she still would believe the dr over true facts, -  so there is literally nothing you can do except for be more picky about the families whose kids you care for. 

A school here in cali is teaching junior high kids the measles vax came out in 1961 - total lie, and they even provided fake graphs with it, too.....SMH -- so schools are telling our kids mistruth about science, too

Quoting Baby4us09:

Quoting emmy526:

Quoting Baby4us09:

Quoting emmy526:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)