Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

not vaccinating and adoption

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2008 at 9:30 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 242 Total Views
my sister has been a licensed foster parent for many years now.  She just had a little boy about 9 months ago.  she's up for relicensing but since she is not vaccinating her son-she found out she can no longer be licensed.  She also just got a call about adopting a little girl but found out they won't be allowed to unless they vaccinate their biological son.  He would have to have ALL the vaccinations RECOMMENDED by the state.  The social worker feels the same way about vaccinations and has looked into getting around it but there's no way....not even a religious exemption for it. 

if anyone has gone through this, or has any ideas it would be MUCH appreciated.  my sister has always wanted to adopt-she has health issues and was lucky to have one biological child.  This is crushing her. 
by on Apr. 10, 2008 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
our_2_angels
by Member on Apr. 10, 2008 at 9:33 AM
Where does she live? I think every State has different guidlines...

Valerie

Shop My Avon E Rep Store

http://www.youravon.com/valerierogers

momofsaee
by on Apr. 10, 2008 at 9:34 AM
I would try asking some of the ladies in the adoption group. My sis in law is an adoptive mother x3 and she signed papers saying that she would adhere to the vaccination schedule. She wanted this little girl so badly that she could not let it stop her. When it came time for them to discuss the CP, she sorta fudged and told them that she already had it. SHe did suspect that she had had it in the orphanage because she says that she has scars on her legs so it was probably true, but she did not know for sure. You can ask her herself. Her screenname is Joy2bamom and her group is "Adoption Beauty marked"....they may have more answers for you.

d7schmitz
by Member on Apr. 10, 2008 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
OHHHH that makes me so mad!  we fostered a little girl and almost adopted her -- they never once brought up the vac stuff..... they were too busy freaking out about our homeschooling....
This was in NM -- every state is different.
The ONLY thing that i know to do, is to PRAY!!!  and I'll join with you on this one!
linnea143
by on Apr. 10, 2008 at 9:39 AM
It makes me mad too, we are considering adoption from Guatemala and I hope they don't do this or we will not adopt. We had foster children and they never brought up the no vaxing thing, they did however make us take down our trampoline.  I hope there is a way around this can you keep us updated? I would think it is a violation of some sort, sounds like a threat, vax your kid or you can't adopt-how rude! That is just wrong.
happytexasCM
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2008 at 9:40 AM
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/forumdisplay.php?f=47

I would post on the board above there are a few foster parents on there that have not vaxed their own children and still fostered/adopted; the foster children had to be vaxed until the adoption was final.  She may have to declare a religious oposition to the practice of vaccination.  Unless the law says something like "no person may foster/adopt a child unless all are vaccinated; religious objections to vaccination are not accepted" then it is an option (are you trying to discriminated against me due to my religious beliefs?).  Read my first link for info on religious exemptions.

Vax Research Post-JUST A LITTLE PRICK-Tabled Vax Injuries-Inside Vaccines-Over Vaccination?-VACCINES: WHY FEAR SELLS

Vaccines-The Risks, the Benefits, the Choices DVD, By Sherri J. TENPENNY
http://www.minimum.com/b.asp?a=vaccines-risks-benefits

"A new mother’s mammary glands take over from the placenta to provide the development guidance to ensure a baby’s genetic destiny is fulfilled."
http://www.sciencealert.com.au/news/20081102-16879.html

Ginny032
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Following this ~ I know it's an old post, I did a search looking for info on this. Thinking about fostering to adopt (in TX) but am very anti vax. Have a 5 year old that only had a handful of vaccines (up to 4 months of age) before I said NO MORE! Wondering if the state finds this out how it'll go.

Please share if you know anything about this or situations like this. Thank you mommas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)