Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A little overwhelmed....

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 9:30 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 224 Total Views
I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed, I'm trying to comb through all the posts to get the right information but sometimes it's like reading a foreign language and I have to keep searching for other posts to understand this post or that. My son is 4 months old and had his shots at the hospital at birth and his 2 month shots but now that he's supposed to get his 4 month shots I'm just not so sure I want him to have them or at least all of them. My only concern is that I know that in this country a lot of the diseases that they vaccinate for aren't around anymore but what about other countries. My son is half Brazilian and was conceived in Ireland and I plan to be doing a lot of traveling to Europe and South America with him to visit other family and I want to make sure he's safe there too. If anyone has any advice or suggestions that would be great. Obviously my sons health and safety is my number one priority!
Thanks!!!
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
evasmamma
by Member on Jun. 14, 2007 at 10:24 PM
How long are you waiting until you take your son over seas?  the best advice I can offer is wait as long as you possibly can to vaccinate. Wait until his little body has built up more immunity. These vaccinations really tear the immunity system down. Are you breast feeding? I think breastfeeding is the best immunity you can give to a baby. If you're not breastfeeding, you can go to a health food store and buy stuff. I think you can actually buy Colostrum tablets for babies. That's rich to build immunity. Also acidophilous is a big one that we use over here! My daughter has never been vaccinated. I breast fed her up until 6 1/2 months (she weened herself off *tear*), So after she  weened herself off, I decided she still needed a boost in immunity, so I gave her the acidophilous along with baby vitamins, echinacea and eyebright. She has never once been sick. I mean, when she was teething, she had a slight temp. but nothing over 100 degrees. She's doing just fine without the vaccinations. Anyway, if you waited a bit to get your son vaccinated or even select what you want him to get and not get. Hope this helps.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)