Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SCARED.......confused

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 12:54 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 256 Total Views
hello ladies! so i have done a lot of research and before i had my daughter i chose not to vaccinate. my boyfriend was ok with my choice until this last weekend when he brought a couple of things to my attention. 1 being that he mentioned small pox and how research shows that without the vaccine people would have died and in larger numbers but that the smallpox vaccine eliminated that. i agreed and then it was brought to my attention that i was confused whether or not i was making the right choice. does anyone have any advice for me, maybe some links. can you help me to have a better argument.

thanks

kiwi
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 12:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Micael
by Member on Jun. 20, 2007 at 8:41 AM
Small pox isn't a big issue in the US. The last known case of small pox in the US was back in 1949. Right now the only people the vax is being forced on is the military b/c they are going into high risk countries. Also, SP vax is a live vaccine, so you are straight up putting SP into your child--which always leads to a chance they can catch it from the vax. And just like with all other vax, it is not going to offer a lifetime immunity. Within a few years that vax will be out of your childs system. So why not let your child build up her immune system (and not compromise it by injecting forgein things into her system) so she can fight it if she ever came into contact with it.
Quote:

ELIZABETH BRACKETT: Doctors these days don't see cases of smallpox. Because of the successful vaccination program, the deadly disease was officially declared eradicated in 1979, and most vaccination programs ended.

For all other vaccines, I have the take on it like I said above. Why fill my kids with forgein viruses and basically crap and lower their immune system for something that isn't going to give them lifelong immunity? It is always better to just have a healthy diet, let the body do what it was made to do, have a strong immune system.

I haven't had coffee this morning, lol, so I hope any of this makes sense. Here is a link you can read on vaccine dangers (just scroll down a bit) http://educate-yourself.org/vcd/  Here are links with vax ingredients http://www.informedchoice.info/cocktail.html

http://www.tetrahedron.org/articles/vaccine_awareness/ingredients.html

And then I would recommend back tracking through some posts in this group b/c these women have some awesome info and links.

Oh, and here is my daughters story about how NOT vaccinating helped save her life http://www.cafemom.com/group/4388/boards/read.php?post_id=210679
RobynS
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2007 at 8:55 AM
Coffee or not, this is a great response. I still occasionally need reassurance about my decision, too. This helps alot!
Micael
by Member on Jun. 20, 2007 at 11:55 AM

Quoting RobynS:

Coffee or not, this is a great response. I still occasionally need reassurance about my decision, too. This helps alot!

Thank you. I rely on that coffee to get my brain going in the AM, so without it I worry if anything I say makes sense.
Sleeping_Beauty
by Member on Jun. 24, 2007 at 5:08 PM
thanks a bunch ladies..................i worry that i'm not making the right choice and then other times i am completely confident. thanks for the extra links. i could always use more information.

have an awesome weekend
Emmoney
by on Jun. 24, 2007 at 5:11 PM

Quoting Sleeping_Beauty:

thanks a bunch ladies..................i worry that i'm not making the right choice and then other times i am completely confident. thanks for the extra links. i could always use more information.

have an awesome weekend
I am the same way.  I just have to look at the CDC site and then I feel all better!
MamaCaid
by on Jun. 24, 2007 at 9:07 PM

Just follow your gut instinct....

rnbwbrite
by Head Admin on Jun. 24, 2007 at 10:19 PM

Quoting Sleeping_Beauty:

have an awesome weekend

I think all of us feel this way sometimes. You can never make this kind of decision without questioning if it's right or not. It wouldn't be right if you just blindly followed without questioning either decision.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)