Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which vitamins are good to give my baby before and after vaccination?

Posted by on May. 21, 2008 at 10:04 PM
  • 18 Replies
  • 8209 Total Views
I have decided to give my lo SOME vaccinations, but not all of them.  I heard that it was good to give my baby vitamins to boost his immune system for a few days before and after the shots are given.  Does anyone know what those vitamins are and how many days I should give them to him? 
by on May. 21, 2008 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lil_mrs_zki
by on May. 21, 2008 at 10:32 PM
I don't vaccinate ever but I give my son flinstones gummies - he's 1 1/2

Important decisions in life should be based on facts.....not fads. LilypieBreastfeeding Ticker

provincialfoot
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2008 at 10:38 PM

I (unfortunately) vaxed my children ( something I will regret to my dying day) and back then, we were told to give them tylenol just before you left the house to bring the baby for the assault, that way the tylenol would already be in their system to help them through the pain of the assault and then we were told (by the doctor, no less) to be sure to give them tylenol every four to six hours for a few days to help them with the pain as their bodies coped with the effects of the poisoning....

How the HELL could I have been so stupid to not even think to question why my kids would need to be medicated for pain and fever????

My kids were born in 1979, 1981 & 1985... at that time, they were only assaulting them with (I believe) ten toxic cocktails and they NEVER (it was forbidden) vaxed them before six weeks... and all three of my kids are vaccine injured!!!

Since we realized what a terrible thing we had allowed to happen to our children, we have been very insistent that our kids research this abominable practice and they have chosen to NOT allow any assaults on our grandchildren.

I have never heard anything about extra vitamins to help them prepare for and get  through the assault. I wouldn't even know were to begin since what is happening is a poisoning.... what vitamins help poisoning?

Maybe vitamin C? How old is the child? You have to be really careful that you don't give them too much... especially vit C can irritate the stomach (it is an acid). Is the child breastfed? That will probably help the baby more than any kind of supplment....

Anyone else know anything about this?

Panya81
by Member on May. 21, 2008 at 10:55 PM
I saw the info online.  It was from a homeopathic doctors website.  I wanted to know if anyone else has heard of this, or if anyone has done this.  My LO is 8 weeks old.  He was scheduled to go in today for vaccines but I cancelled tthe appointment.  I plan on giving him SOME of his shots when his is older.  Just doing research right now.  He is EBF.
Quoting provincialfoot:

I (unfortunately) vaxed my children ( something I will regret to my dying day) and back then, we were told to give them tylenol just before you left the house to bring the baby for the assault, that way the tylenol would already be in their system to help them through the pain of the assault and then we were told (by the doctor, no less) to be sure to give them tylenol every four to six hours for a few days to help them with the pain as their bodies coped with the effects of the poisoning....

How the HELL could I have been so stupid to not even think to question why my kids would need to be medicated for pain and fever????

My kids were born in 1979, 1981 & 1985... at that time, they were only assaulting them with (I believe) ten toxic cocktails and they NEVER (it was forbidden) vaxed them before six weeks... and all three of my kids are vaccine injured!!!

Since we realized what a terrible thing we had allowed to happen to our children, we have been very insistent that our kids research this abominable practice and they have chosen to NOT allow any assaults on our grandchildren.

I have never heard anything about extra vitamins to help them prepare for and get  through the assault. I wouldn't even know were to begin since what is happening is a poisoning.... what vitamins help poisoning?

Maybe vitamin C? How old is the child? You have to be really careful that you don't give them too much... especially vit C can irritate the stomach (it is an acid). Is the child breastfed? That will probably help the baby more than any kind of supplment....

Anyone else know anything about this?

jellyphish
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Many Drs, including Dr Sears, recommend NOT giving Tylenol because it can mask reactions, if your child has reactions you want to know about it.

Vitamin C is great for boosting the immune system.  Give him foods high in vit C like you said- a few days before and after any shot.  Probiotics too.  Also avoid sugar and all that other crap.

Other tips include:
Only get one shot at a time.
Offer something comforting during the shot.  I've heard of doing things like nursing him during a shot can ease it for him.

Good luck!

If you love your ND join my group! Hooray!

DreaKevAiyana
by on May. 21, 2008 at 11:01 PM
Since he's breastfed, you need to make sure you're taking a good postnatal vitamin.  you can also take probiotics, those are the healthy bacteria that are naturally found in your digestive system *which houses something like 70% of your immune system* but they're killed with antibiotics and a lot of the things we eat.  i believe health food stores also carry a 'vaccine detox' product, but i haven't looked into it i just remember seeing it at a few stores.

My loves - My Life

Photobucket 

LindaM01876
by Member on May. 21, 2008 at 11:12 PM
http://www.909shot.com/  may have some good information.

You are right, I remember reading about the vitamins too and just tried to find that link, but can't right now.  Hopefully the above website will help.

Good luck.  My son just turned 5 months and we haven't vaxed at all.  I don't plan to do anything until he's 2 years and then it will be selective, if at all.  We'll see what the next 1 1/2 brings to light -- maybe it won't be "mandatory" anymore -- would that be wonderful.

Linda

stpalmsgirl
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2008 at 9:20 AM
I can't find the link but I think in the Dr. Tenpenny video she said that high doses of vitamin C could be protective... but I don't know how much vit. C you can give an infant. Maybe you could take high doses of vit. C and it would pass on thru your milk? But I remember my LC telling me that some babies are sensitive if the mothers are taking vit. C supplements. Or if you feel comfortable with it you could just wait until your baby is a little bit older?
allybzn
by Member on May. 22, 2008 at 10:00 AM
At the time I don't think there are any vitamins strong enough to prepare the immune system for aborted fetal tissue cells and aluminum?  We will keep researching though. 
nicarue824
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2008 at 10:42 AM
I give my LO Child Life Multi-Vitamin/Mineral.  It is a liquid.  I add it to his fruit/cereal in the morning along with powdered probiotics made for infants and toddlers (Solgar).

I give these both to him daily.

Educate before you vaccinate!

Adopt a shelter pet today!

sixzilliondots
by Member on May. 23, 2008 at 12:34 AM

This is from the Dr. Sears website:

• Vitamin A. This specific vitamin helps with neurologic health. It also helps regulate the immune system’s response to infections. Some researchers believe it can play a role in protecting the brain from vaccine side effects. Give vitamin A once a day for 3 days prior to vaccines and continue each day for 10 days after. Infants should get 1500 IUs daily, toddlers and preschoolers 2500 IUs and older kids and teens 5000 IUs. A commonly available form of vitamin drops for babies and young kids is a mix of Vitamins A, C and D available at any drug store. Another choice would be a total multivitamin liquid or chewable. A better source of Vitamin A is cod liver oil, available at health food stores. The label will say how much Vitamin A is in each teaspoon. You should be aware that overdosing Vitamin A can be toxic, so do not exceed the suggested amounts. I would suggest not using cod liver oil for any baby younger than 9 months.

• Vitamin C. This anti-oxidant vitamin can help boost the immune system and may decrease vaccine side effects. Give this once a day for 5 days starting on the day of the shots. Infants should get 150 mg daily, toddlers and preschoolers 250 mg, and older kids and teens 500 mg. Vitamin C drops, chewables, and capsules are available at any health food or drug store. The amount of Vitamin C in the multivitamins discussed above (with vitamin A) usually isn’t enough.

• Here's the link for more info: http://www.askdrsears.com/thevaccinebook/boost_your_childs_immune_system.asp

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
    other members!
    Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN