Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A CDC Heads Up.

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:59 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 282 Total Views
I just wanted to find out if anyone else has been contacted by NORC U in Chicago.  They called two times on my home phone saying that they wereworking on behalf of the CDC and wanted to know how many children were in our home and how many were vaccinated or up on vaccinations. 
Anyone else getting this????
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
rnbwbrite
by Head Admin on Jul. 29, 2007 at 10:01 PM
OMG! That's pretty scary! I have never heard of this. Anyone have more info? Please do share - this is very interesting.
What did they tell you? DId they say you should/have to vax? Did they give you any greif? How/why did they gather your info and contact you?
This is really strange.
CaliMommy25
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2007 at 12:19 AM
Ummm intersting maybe it was a prank call someone trying to scare you or your peditricain had something to do with it sence more then likely everyones doctors stuff reachs the cdc anyways...?? hell girl that is pretty scarry keep us updated if it happens again
damiensmamma
by New Member on Jul. 30, 2007 at 2:50 PM

Yeah that's scary, i haven't gotten any calls like that. your Dr probably did have something to do with it. That sounds like something a Dr. would do.

homeschoolmama
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 7:11 PM
My mother has been called twice, from the national data base asking if her daughter was up to date on immunizations.  My sil also was called after she applied for food stamps.  I personally haven't been called, but I don't like it.  My mother didn't either she hung up on them, and her daughter is current on vax.
in2sims
by Member on Jul. 30, 2007 at 11:20 PM
I live in Mo and I personally haven't received any calls like that, but I don't think that who ever was calling has any right to know that type of information unless you provided it. That kind of stuff is scary though, one of my first concerns about not vaccinating was if child services found out. I have heard about doctors or others threatening to report people. I'm not sure if child services could actually do anything since it's not law that children have to be vaccinated.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)