Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Alaska Greetings

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:29 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 187 Total Views
I am so silly, I forgot to introduce myself before posting things. 
I am a mother of 6 absolutely awsome kids as I am sure all of yours are also.
In fact all kids are.  I have lived in Alaska since 1992.  I came here from California with then 3 children, a huge siberian husky, and two parakeets in a old campervan in the middle of January.  We wanted a change in life for our children and ourselves and thought Alaska was all that and a bag of chips...hehe and we still do.
I had one more child in 1992, after a very cold first winter here.  I had him in a hospital as with my 3 other children.  I say that because I had my two last ones at the Midwiferey Birth Center here in Wasilla and will never recommend going anywhere else, especially after what they taught me about having babies that I never knew or experienced. 
I had reservations about getting my 5th child vaccinated for some strange reason, and I say that because my other children had been vaccinated on schedule and I never took into account what their bodies had actually gone through.  I wish I would have realized the reality of it all back before having children.  i took her in to be vaccinated at 2 months old.  She received 4 jabs, 1 in each thigh and 1 in each arm.  I later learned that she had actually received combo vaccines in acumulated 10 viruses in addition to toxins floating into her little body.  She had a skin reaction along with shrill cry.  She had raised small red bumps apear on her belly within the hour I returned home.  I thought she had a heat rash from working herself up so much. 
She now has what is called Mastocytosis, a cell disorder that effects her in various ways.  Anyway, that is why I am here.  LOL
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
PhilsBabyMama
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:54 PM

Glad you're here!

"It has been estimated that improved breastfeeding practices could save some 1.5 million children a year. " -Unicef  (http://www.childinfo.org/eddb/brfeed/index.htm) 

alaskamoma
by Member on Jul. 29, 2007 at 3:03 PM
Thanks so much,
Glad we are all here and taking the time to talk about what we think.
Isn't Freedom wonderful?
rnbwbrite
by Head Admin on Jul. 29, 2007 at 9:59 PM
Welcome!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)