Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

naturopathic pediatrician

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:50 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 206 Total Views

I can't believe how some of you wonderful, inteligent, caring mothers are being treated by your Drs.  It makes me so angry to know that there are so many medical professionals who "do not approve" of our rights to do our own research and make our own decisions for our children, (yeah, a Dr said that to me; I've been there too and I'm not even a mom yet!).  Anyway, I want to encourage those of you who are in uncomfortable medical relationships to look into naturopathic doctors.  They are generally incredibly helpful and informative and NONjudgmental.  I'm fortunate that I live in AZ where the scope of practice for an ND is the largest in the country.  That also means that there's an amazing school here.  On their website www.scnm.edu  I found this link where you can search for an ND in your area:

http://www.healthy.net/asp/Associations/aanp.asp

Mind you, I'm not trying to push naturopathy on anyone, but I do want to make sure you wonderful women are aware of all the options.  I especially love that NDs tend to believe that both schools of medicine have a place and are more than willing use western medicine and MDs when necessary.

Sorry to babble, but I'm passionate about naturopathy and really want to be as helpful as you have all been with me. 

Ok, now wish me luck, I think I might have a baby tonight!
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
EarthyMomma
by New Member on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:53 PM
My son and I both see a naturopathic doctor and wouldnt have it any other way! I actually travel about 1/2 hour away from our house to see him. I have gotten so much crap from our regular ped. that I needed a change. I do believe that doctors are needed for some things but your body has the capability of healing itself naturally =)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)