Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've been blessed!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:41 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 303 Total Views
While I am still trying to decide what to do about vaccinating my children anymore or not, my children's peditrician told me today that he will fully support my decision and wont try to talk me into vaccinating. He said he would sign waivers for my kids to get into school if I needed. He even said that he dosn't agree with the varicella vaccine b/c it doesn't give lifelong immunity, and that it was only invented to keep parents at work, not because it is a life threating disease. So I guess I'm lucky to have a doctor like that.

Pro-Life Mommies Group Owner

Click me to Become a Bright Woman!

by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
CaliMommy25
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2007 at 9:35 PM
no vaccine is life long immunity but at least your dr wasent an ass like mine was
in2sims
by Member on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:44 PM
Why can't all doctors be that supportive.
aa1stbaby
by Member on Aug. 1, 2007 at 4:38 PM
I have to say that mine was supportive too.  She said if your uncomfortable, then we won't do the vaccine.  What a relief that was.  I'm sorry to hear others having such a hard time, but there are supportive doctors out there.  I don't know if it matters that mine is a family doctor and a DO at that, but I love her and hope I never have to change.

Angela
LoveMelaleuca
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 9:07 PM

Quoting aa1stbaby:

I have to say that mine was supportive too. She said if your uncomfortable, then we won't do the vaccine. What a relief that was. I'm sorry to hear others having such a hard time, but there are supportive doctors out there. I don't know if it matters that mine is a family doctor and a DO at that, but I love her and hope I never have to change.

Angela
Mine is a family practice doctor too, but he admitted to me that he was Libertarian when it came to things of this nature.

Pro-Life Mommies Group Owner

Click me to Become a Bright Woman!

rnbwbrite
by Head Admin on Aug. 2, 2007 at 8:14 AM
Congrats! I'm really happy for you that you didn't have to go through some of the things other parents have.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)