Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A comment made by my chiropractor - quite a relief!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:55 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 283 Total Views
I just thought I'd share this with you guys. I thought I was really "out there" choosing not to vaccinate. But apparently, our numbers are growing across the US. My chiropractor told me the other day that 40% of parents today don't vaccinate!! 40%!! That's awesome! He said that even 5 years ago we would have been in the extreme minority. But today it's more common than we think to choose not to vaccinate. Go us!





by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MamaCass
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:41 AM

I would double check that stat.  Maybe he meant 40% of his clients or 40% of the clients who get chiropractic care.

I know the numbers are rising...otherwise there wouldn't be such an uproar from the big-wigs.  When was there a time that they were advertising vaccines on TV?  Or celebrities urging parents to vaccinate?

happytexasCM
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:07 AM

Either you misunderstood or he misquoted.  There is no way 40% of parents in the US don't vax their children.  You might be able to say 40% of parents do not do ALL vax on schedule, or maybe you live in a very cruchy town in Oregon that may have stats like that.

Vax Research Post-JUST A LITTLE PRICK-Tabled Vax Injuries-Inside Vaccines-Over Vaccination?
-Age of Autism-VACCINES: WHY FEAR SELLS

Vaccines-The Risks, the Benefits, the Choices DVD, By Sherri J. TENPENNY
http://www.minimum.com/b.asp?a=vaccines-risks-benefits

"A new mother’s mammary glands take over from the placenta to provide the development guidance to ensure a baby’s genetic destiny is fulfilled." http://www.sciencealert.com.au/news/20081102-16879.html

aeneva
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:40 PM

Well it all depends on the area of the country you are in.  Personally around here NEPA, I was told it is like 20% don't at all and another 20% delay/selective vax (total of 40%).  The rates are definitely going  up and that is why there is more and more of a push in the media about it.

Courtney
Wife to SAHD Eric 8-21-04
Mom to Zac 5-11-05, Neva 6-2-07
StarMommy77
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:48 PM

The 40% should be a new blinkie! LOL..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)