Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tried to get a 1 year well visit

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:54 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 247 Total Views

I just called my pedi and asked for a 1 year well check. I quickly informed her that I was no longer vaccinating and she was quick to inform me that they wouldn't see her. Grr. I guess I will just have to keep taking her to walk-in clinics when she is sick. I checked the directory and saw one Dr. in my state and he/she was 3 hours away. So frustrating. I guess I will just do a weight/height chart myself. Developmentally she is fine and on track so no issues there. I just wish there were more choices out there.

my girls Pictures, Images and Photos
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
momoflilangel
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:05 PM

I looked up on here the anti vax friendly doctors and my closest one was a little more then an hour away. So then I got out the phone book and called every pedi in the area to ask if they would accept us and finally found one. She has been going to him now for almost a year.

happytexasCM
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Can you just take her to a family Dr?

Vax Research Post-JUST A LITTLE PRICK-Tabled Vax Injuries-Inside Vaccines-Over Vaccination?
-Age of Autism-VACCINES: WHY FEAR SELLS

Vaccines-The Risks, the Benefits, the Choices DVD, By Sherri J. TENPENNY
http://www.minimum.com/b.asp?a=vaccines-risks-benefits

"A new mother’s mammary glands take over from the placenta to provide the development guidance to ensure a baby’s genetic destiny is fulfilled." http://www.sciencealert.com.au/news/20081102-16879.html

aeneva
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:10 PM

When I look for docs I look for DOs not MDs and family docs not peds as they seem to be more open to not vaxing.  Then I just start calling and asking how they feel about it.  We go to our local chiro for anything though most the time and only see the family doc for yearly check ups so they have a history with someone if a catastrophy happens.

Courtney
Wife to SAHD Eric 8-21-04
Mom to Zac 5-11-05, Neva 6-2-07
eb24
by Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 7:42 AM

Our "only" doctor is a chiropractor.  Our bodies have a natural immune system, so when we do get sick our body knows what to do.  The job of the chiropractor is to keep your central nervous system clear from any interference so the immune system can kick in when it needs to.  We don't take any meds and never any shots, so really there is no other reason to go to a ped. or walk-in.  If there is an "emergency" then they are there.

antivaccinemom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 7:57 AM

Quoting eb24:

Our "only" doctor is a chiropractor.  Our bodies have a natural immune system, so when we do get sick our body knows what to do.  The job of the chiropractor is to keep your central nervous system clear from any interference so the immune system can kick in when it needs to.  We don't take any meds and never any shots, so really there is no other reason to go to a ped. or walk-in.  If there is an "emergency" then they are there.

Agreed. I'd also research how to treat various common issues at home. Buy a humidifier, garlic oil, fish oil, vitamin C, some medicinal teas, vicks, eat lots of veggies cut out sugar, etc. There really is no reason to take a child to the doctor for an illness unless they are not responding to you, can't breathe, won't accept fluids, KWIM? Most all other symptoms you can treat at home, all a doctor knows how to do is prescribe meds!!!

YannysMummy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2009 at 8:03 AM

I only take my children to the doctor when they are sick, and that is very rare.  My 20 months old son has only been to the doctor twice.  Once for a '6 week check' to listen to his heart (which was mandatory if I wanted to join baby massage group - the rule was they had to have a heart check because apparently babies with heart defect couldn't go to baby massage class), and once when he was 5 months old and I was trying to get his mild eczema diagnosed.

Babies can pick up illnesses from sitting in the clinic with other sick babies and these 'well checks' are just to make money and give vaccinations.

You are the mother and you know if your baby is well or not.  You can weigh him yourself if you want to keep track of that and if there is a medical emergency there is always ER.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)