Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am stressing out!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:00 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 238 Total Views

My 4th child is due in 95 days.  We vaxed our first 2 and then our 3rd up to 6 months.  No we are stopping all vaxes for the kids we have and this baby will get none.  I am stressed out lately about the Hospital.  I have never had to deal with this before.  They are such an awesome hospital and for all I know they will abide by my wishes but I keep worrying that I am going to be spending the whole time guarding my baby and arguing with them. UGH!!!!  My hubby is totally on board with not vaxing but I haven't actually brought up to him that he may need to defend that choice at the hospital.  Especially the eye drops since they do that right away.  Also, I am very non-confrontational.

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
aarkat
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:22 PM

He's going to be your baby's (and your) best advocate at the hospital.  the more prepared he is, the better.

there is an interesting film about how fatthers commonly get pushed out of the way at hospitals called   " The Other Side of the Glass."  I haven't seen the entire movie, but this preview made me cry.  i really wasn't aware how men are made to feel like they're not part of the process. (both of my children were born at home, and my husband delivered them, with our midwives on hand)   i would recommend you watch this clip with hubby,  and let him know he's a vital part of this process.  Birth can be such a whirlwind, it's easy for things to slip by.  Having him be on guard for you and baby is important.

ImNotASheep08
by Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Tell them in your birth plan and then have them document everything in your chart when you are in labor. Tell them you have already come to your decision and it is not up for discussion and you'd appreciate if they would respect your wishes. That is what I did and there was no problems. HTH and good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)