• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think she has the poxs

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:23 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 239 Total Views

I think that DD may have chicken pox. If so I am very happy to have her get them now and not after the baby is born. (Idon't want 2 at the sametime). But my issue is that I am not sure. dose anyone have a good pic of the start of the rash. I know I csn just wait and see, but DH is away and wants to know whats going on with his baby girl. What are some things to look out for? I don't see a point in taking her to the doctor but I want to know what to do to make this a easy for her as I can. I know what the books tell me to do but I want some advice from some moms that have been there.

Can you help me out?

mommy to one miracle and three angels

its a boy

Melissa Mommy to Jamie Lynn 10/21/06

our sweet miracle child

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
happytexasCM
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:48 PM

Symptoms of Chickenpox

Chickenpox causes a red, itchy rash on the skin that usually appears first on the abdomen or back and face, and then spreads to almost everywhere else on the body, including the scalp, mouth, nose, ears, and genitals.

chickenpox_illustrationThe rash begins as multiple small, red bumps that look like pimples or insect bites. They develop into thin-walled blisters filled with clear fluid, which becomes cloudy. The blister wall breaks, leaving open sores, which finally crust over to become dry, brown scabs.

Chickenpox blisters are usually less than a quarter of an inch wide, have a reddish base, and appear in bouts over 2 to 4 days. The rash may be more extensive or severe in kids who have skin disorders such as eczema.

Some kids have a fever, abdominal pain, sore throat, headache, or a vague sick feeling a day or 2 before the rash appears. These symptoms may last for a few days, and fever stays in the range of 100°–102° Fahrenheit (37.7°–38.8° Celsius), though in rare cases may be higher. Younger kids often have milder symptoms and fewer blisters than older children or adults.

Vax Research Post-JUST A LITTLE PRICK-Tabled Vax Injuries-Inside Vaccines-Over Vaccination?
-Age of Autism-VACCINES: WHY FEAR SELLS

Vaccines-The Risks, the Benefits, the Choices DVD, By Sherri J. TENPENNY
http://www.minimum.com/b.asp?a=vaccines-risks-benefits

"A new mother’s mammary glands take over from the placenta to provide the development guidance to ensure a baby’s genetic destiny is fulfilled." http://www.sciencealert.com.au/news/20081102-16879.html

Jamielynns-mom
by Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:54 PM

thank you. that sounds like what she has. now what do i do to keep her comfy?

mommy to one miracle and three angels

its a boy

Melissa Mommy to Jamie Lynn 10/21/06

our sweet miracle child

mothertory
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:12 PM

When I was a kid with chicken pox, my mom put me in the tub with cool to lukewarm water with colloidal oatmeal.  I also remember lots of pink calomine lotion! LOL

LilyofPhilly
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Quoting Jamielynns-mom:

I think that DD may have chicken pox. If so I am very happy to have her get them now and not after the baby is born. (Idon't want 2 at the sametime). But my issue is that I am not sure. dose anyone have a good pic of the start of the rash. I know I csn just wait and see, but DH is away and wants to know whats going on with his baby girl. What are some things to look out for? I don't see a point in taking her to the doctor but I want to know what to do to make this a easy for her as I can. I know what the books tell me to do but I want some advice from some moms that have been there.

Can you help me out?

Both my daughters had chicken pox. If you post a pic, I could tell you. By tomorrow, you'll know for sure if your DD has the pox. There's nothing you can do about it, except oatmeal baths and lotion, as the OP said.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)