Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vaccine related deaths vs non-vaccinated

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:41 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 270 Total Views

I have been thinking about the recent cases of HIB and the baby that died. It is so sad but surely any baby's death is tragic. Why is it that non-vaccinated related deaths or even illnesses  are seen as being more tragic than vaccine-related deaths or vaccine related injuries? I understand that certain diseases, such as HIB, are seen as being preventable illnesses but so are vaccine related deaths! It just makes me so mad.........

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
stpalmsgirl
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:13 AM

I agree, dh and I just talked about this. I think because in the eye of the vaccinating population if your child dies of a "preventable" disease and was unvaccinated  it's the parents fault because would they have vaxed the child would be still alive. Only that they forget that vaccines are not fool proof and a good number of vaccinated children catch "preventable" diseases each year get sick and some die. But if your child dies because of vaccination I guess it died for the greater good, like you can't blame yourself because you did the right thing. And the other thing is that you really rarely hear in the media of children dying from vaccination but you hear of children dying because they are not vaccinated all the time... It makes me mad just to think about how twisted and stupid this is!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)