Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

postcard to vax

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:02 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 415 Total Views

I got a POSTCARD from PKIDs today to vaccinate my kids against pertussis bc it's on the rise. What the f?! Now they are advertising this shit?

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:05 PM

I get things like that AND I get phone calls.  Just leave me alone!

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Have you experienced a miscarriage or lost a baby during pregnancy? 

For support from other Christian Moms just like you join my group:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/christianloss

heydooney
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:05 PM

I got that too. I had to laugh because it states that pertussis is the only disease that kids are routinely vaxed for that is still on the rise. I was like "well that's a GREAT reason to vax, then, isn't it?" and it went into the trash.

MyJordyLu
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:06 PM

Eew, I got that same thing yesterday.

jooshysmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:06 PM

i am going to call and think of something smartass to say.

Quoting heydooney:

I got that too. I had to laugh because it states that pertussis is the only disease that kids are routinely vaxed for that is still on the rise. I was like "well that's a GREAT reason to vax, then, isn't it?" and it went into the trash.

hillary_rose
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:08 PM

When my DD was born Gov. Phil Bredesen (TN) sent me a congrats card. I thought awww... I keep reading and it was saying remember to vax and on the back of the card it has a vax schedule and a space to write in when you got them the shots. GAG! The card was made by Hallmark.

jooshysmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:13 PM

holy shit i just called and they got my name from my insurance co. freakin big brother. She said the reason pertussis is on the rise is bc WE adults give it to our kids bc the vax wears off. I'm gonna puke.

At my ped's WYNETH (spelling?) is doing vax tests. They are combining Prevar with a bunch of other shit and are asking for volunteers (babies,kids) to see what the result is to their immune system. I have to get all the facts Thursday when I'm back at the ped's office. This sign for parents to volunter their kids is posted in the exam rooms

HaydensMommy007
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:13 PM

I have never received those.....thank goodness too because I would have something smartass to say back to them

Feminism was established to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream.

jjmloper
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:24 PM

I got one of those today too.  I saw the word pertussus and threw it in the trash.

heidio175
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:30 PM

Wow, I just got one in the mail the other day but it was for my DOG!  This is exactly why my daughter hasn't seen her pedi since she was 9mo old.  I just can't put my trust into someone whose entire practice counts on poisoning my child to earn their living .  Don't you wish that instead they'd send you coupons for organic foods or healthy eating tips?  Personally, I wish they'd stay out of my business to begin with but if they're going to be in the business of sticking their noses where it doesn't belong, it might as well be something that's not controversial such as healthy eating.  Wow, they're really pushing vaxes down our throats aren't they?  We're so lucky they're here to remind us!  Just think of how lost we'd be if not for big medicine!

Alaskarose
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:32 PM

Have you noticed all the darned television commercials about vacinating lately?

Now, that the "new" government is in, it is only going to get worse. They are doing all of this deliberately.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)