Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

we had our 12 month check up today

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:56 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 201 Total Views
and miss emma is doing absolutely wonder full! her doctor brought up her vaxs and of course we told her we still werent interested. So I had to sign a peice of paper saying she went over everything with me blah blah blah. and she told me there is a measle out brake right now that can be prevented and in minnisota ( i know i totally butchered the spelling on that one ) there have been a few kids die from something that could have been prevented by the HIB vax and this is the ONE appointment my mom decided to go to, so you know she put her 2 cents in about how i should just get her the vax's
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
happytexasCM
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:06 PM

eye rollingEither leave mom home or in the waiting room.  Or give her a stack of reading material and books on disease and vaccines and tell her she can come when she's read it laughing

I know it can be nice to have company, but then you have to deal with their worry or nagging.

Vax Research Post-JUST A LITTLE PRICK-Tabled Vax Injuries-Inside Vaccines-Over Vaccination?
-Age of Autism-VACCINES: WHY FEAR SELLS

Vaccines-The Risks, the Benefits, the Choices DVD, By Sherri J. TENPENNY
http://www.minimum.com/b.asp?a=vaccines-risks-benefits

"A new mother’s mammary glands take over from the placenta to provide the development guidance to ensure a baby’s genetic destiny is fulfilled." http://www.sciencealert.com.au/news/20081102-16879.html

home-sweet-home
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Mine try to scare me at the last visit and actually lied about some of the statistics and I called her on it and she admitted it. I am switching to a new pediatrician this week. I do not trust her now.

stpalmsgirl
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Ugh I hate scare tactics and doctors just seem to love the meningitis one. When our doc tells us how many children have died of meningitis the past year I always ask him if he also can tell me how many children have died because of the vaccine last year, that usually shuts him up.

Our doctor almost every time say that dd is the most healthiest kid they've seen that day and to keep doing what we're doing. After that they always bring up the vaccine and measles issue, we live in japan and according to the doctors measles are always going around since so many japanese people refuse this vaccine. When I ask them how this can be since I can't recall reading or hearing of anybody around here who had the measles or died of them in the past 12 month , they'll almost always switch over to the HIB vaccine.  If they start to get to pushy I just remind them that they just told me to do what we're doing and that includes not to vaccinate LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)