Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vaccine reaction post from main stream group

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:27 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 746 Total Views
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:41 AM

'Tis a private group.

Love your ND?  Join my this group!
Veg or veg-curious?  Join my that group!
Nursing a toddler?  Join my the other group!

Living in a house of fire.

by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:17 AM

I think I got kicked out of that group.

Vax Research Post-JUST A LITTLE PRICK-Tabled Vax Injuries-Inside Vaccines-Over Vaccination?-Age of Autism-VACCINES: WHY FEAR SELLS

Vaccines-The Risks, the Benefits, the Choices DVD, By Sherri J. TENPENNY

"A new mother’s mammary glands take over from the placenta to provide the
development guidance to ensure a baby’s genetic destiny is fulfilled."

by Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:03 PM
It's a private group, and I don't want to join to see the post, can you copy and paste what the op says?? I'm
by Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Seriously would love to see what the post says, but I don't feel like applying either....

by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:36 PM

Here is the post...hopefully I didn't do anything "illegal" by reposting it here.  The responses are somewhat surprising.  A lot of people spoke up saying to REPORT it and that too many vax reactions go underreported and also a lot of folks stepped up and said this is why they don't vax. 

Im so mad, my son had his mmr and chicken pox vaccines two weeks ago after just turning a year old, and he errupted in red spots all over!! I took him to the dr and they said it was an allergic reaction to the mmr shot, like they see it all the time, yet you go to the website and it says only like 1percent have reactions.....this is what it looks like

but what makes me so mad is he had a bad cold at the time and i asked the dr if it was nessasary he had them then and she said yes there mandatory! i went online later and made some calls and found in nys you are only required to get the chn pox vaccine before they go to school!!! i had at least 4 years to do this!!!!! and the mmr is anywhere from 12-15 mo so I also could have waited on that, i dont mind a dr telling me her opinion but dont lie to me...she is no longer our dr

The Animal Rescue Site

by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:51 PM
poor kiddo

by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Poor kid! You know, though....All the pro-vaxers out there claim they have done "the research" and chose vaxing yet, if they actually did the research, they would know that vaxes aren't supposed to be given to a sick child. Granted, the docs know this, too, and should tell a parent, but these days, docs are more worried about their schedules and income, than the actual patient.

I promise, I'm not trying to be judgmental of the parent (although I realize it sounds that way), but do people really do whatever the doc says without looking into it themselves?

The reason I bring it up is because when my oldest son was 8 months old, he developed a rash on his cheeks. I took him to the doc and he prescribed a cream for it, even though he admitted he wasn't sure what the rash was. (His initial diagnosis was shingles until I told him DS had never had CP and was never vax'd for it, either. Yeah, at 8 months, the doc should have known he was too young for the vax anyway....) Anyway, I picked up the Rx and, there, in big letters, on the front of the box was "Not for use on children under 17 yrs of age"! DS was 8 months old! When I read the inner liner, it also said "not for use on diaper dermatitis". Needless to say, I didn't use the cream, but I had 2 friends whose pedi's had prescribed the same cream for their kids' diaper rashes.....and they used it! When I asked one of them if she knew it was not supposed to be used for diaper rash she just "looked at me, uncomprehendingly, like cows at a passing train" and said, "Well, the doctor said it was ok."

Sorry about the quote from the song, but it so perfectly described her reaction....

by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:55 PM

I know what you mean about parents claiming to do research and then still going through, but I too almost fell victim to the same type of thing.  Last year at this exact time, my LO was due for a bunch of shots.  I had switched to a D.O. thinking that they would be more in tune with selective and delayed vaxes.  Boy was I WRONG.  At the time our LO seemed to be acting "off".  I stated that I did not want any shots during that visit (if ever) because I could tell he was getting ill.  The doctor pretty much called me an idiot saying that he never heard of not vaxing because of a "suspected" illness.  I stood my ground and cried my eyes out when I got home because I didn't know if I was making the right decisions for our child.  Low and behold, within 2 hours of returning home from the peds office our LO developed a high fever, his first fever ever.  If I would have let him talk me into getting those shots who knows what would have happened to our LO. 

So, my point is that even when you go to the ped with all of your ducks in a row, they somehow manage to make you question your knowledge.  I am a scientist for goodness sakes and he had me crying out of rage when I got home.  It happens to everyone because they are supposed to do what is right for our children.  We are supposed to trust them with all of their education and compassion.  Now we know better.

The Animal Rescue Site

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:26 PM

I'm in that group, I saw that the other day and it made me sad :(. Poor kid...did you see the one response where the woman was like "its normal, don't worry about it, happened to my kids too" um hello?! Are these people BLIND or something?! THIS IS NOT SAFE!!! :( In another group a mom just said that we are all full of bullshit and that all the research that we have all done (unless it was done through personal experience or KNOWN family allergies) is not real research...I told her I guess the CDC website is bullshit then...HAHAHAHA It is bs too :) 

by New Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:31 PM

I am in that group and actually replied to that post when it was posted.  I wrote that I wasn't surprised that Drs lie about vaccines. I wanted to add that I was surprised that moms still aren't researching the vaccines or even the laws concerning vaccinating and choice.  Things just always get so heated in there when you mention anti vax or natural remedies and I just didnt have time to stick around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)