• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

spongebob squarepants

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:45 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 291 Total Views

has any one seen the "mad snail disease" episoid?  something makes me think it has a lot to do with the fact that people freak out about nothing when it comes to illnesses.

Christina, Medical student, nonvaxer , noncircumcising,  single mom to

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SuperMommy486
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Nope. But I was watching Mr Rogers neighborhood last week and he was getting the flu shot...My oldest (3 YO) looked at him then me and said "Doesn't he know any better?" I laughed.

StarMommy77
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:42 PM

No, I've seen the Mighty B Chicken Pox episode a few times.. It was funny.. and did not villify CP or getting it..

It is funny how children's cartoons can be realistic and honest about childhood diseases..but a show like Private Practice can skew facts and show Dr.s using illegal practices to vaccinate for the 'good of all'.. I still refuse to watch that show. It is disgusting what they did.. At least Keith Olberman recanted his tirade on Dr. Wakefield... Did PP ever apologize for it's representation of Autistic families?

in2sims
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:15 PM

Yes I have, my hubby likes the show, that's what I was thinking when I saw the episode I think one of the writer may have snuck something in there or it could just be me

SabrinaMBowen
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 11:16 AM

I haven't seen the SpoungeBob episode but I have the Blue's Clues one on DVD...  I hate it!  It's on a DVD of a number of other episodes and I wish I could find a way to erase it.  There was a curious george on about it the other day too...  I hate that.  It's funny, if curious george had a cigarette parents would all be up in arms but shots are seen as just fine...  So, lets teach our kids from little up that it's okay to for a doctor to inject you with poison because they make lots of money...  AAAGGGHHHH!!!!  Sorry, sore point.  I usually turn those ones off...  I just can't watch it!

Sabrina M Bowen
Regonal Sales Director, Ameriplan
SBowen101@ameriplan.net
724-258-6919

Want to work at home?  www.DailyPayFromHome.com
Daily Pay, Free Benefits, 401K, AD&D insurance and LOTS MORE!!
Plus get a FREE Gift just for joining!

Need Benefits?
  Get benefits for your entire family and earn $300 in FREE GAS at the same time!  These benefits pay for themselves!  Just $19.95 for Dental, Vision, Chiropractics and Prescription!  (other plans available!) 
http://www.LowCostBenefitsPlans.com/

Learn about home businesses, make friends and grow your business...
Group Owner:  Working From Home, Changing Lives

The only way you can FAIL, is to NOT TRY!

3rdtymsthecharm
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 11:20 AM

have you ever seen the old curioius george books.   He smokes a cigar

Quoting SabrinaMBowen:

I haven't seen the SpoungeBob episode but I have the Blue's Clues one on DVD...  I hate it!  It's on a DVD of a number of other episodes and I wish I could find a way to erase it.  There was a curious george on about it the other day too...  I hate that.  It's funny, if curious george had a cigarette parents would all be up in arms but shots are seen as just fine...  So, lets teach our kids from little up that it's okay to for a doctor to inject you with poison because they make lots of money...  AAAGGGHHHH!!!!  Sorry, sore point.  I usually turn those ones off...  I just can't watch it!

just4today21
by Member on Feb. 14, 2009 at 11:53 AM

I HATE spongebob ... I finally thought I found a spongebob bashing post!  I will never let my son watch that show.

mothertory
by Member on Feb. 14, 2009 at 4:48 PM

I was just thinking about children's shows the other day.  I was watching the wiggles with my 2 year old for the 10 millionth time because it was an old tape that I bought for my 7 year old when he was 1.  Anyway, I noticed that the jellyfish were telling Henry the Octopus that they couldn't come play with him today because their little brother was home sick with the mumps and they didn't want to leave him all alone.  That was it.  Nothing about vaccines.  Nothing about being worried that he was going to die.  Just goes to show how who puts the show on makes a big difference in how different illnesses are portrayed, huh?

Btw, yes, I have seen that episode of Spongebob.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)