• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have to apologize to you ladies

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:25 PM
  • 22 Replies
  • 713 Total Views

and thank you

I use to think that people who did not vax were putting thier children in danger.    However I got curious and joined the educate before you vax group and started researching.  Then I came here and was thouroly convinced.   It also didn't hurt that I kept running into the same people again and again.  here , the RIB and the cloth diapering groups.

Christina, Medical student, nonvaxer , noncircumcising,  single mom to

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StarMommy77
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Aw.  I feel the same way. I see you in many of the same groups.. whenever I join one and see the 'same' moms.. I think.."oh no.. they are going to think I am stalking them!".. BNut birds of a feath flock together..

My brother announced on FaceBook that I was a conspiracy theorist and that Autism parents are out to get paid.. Oh to be 21 and stupid again..  

momandstepmom
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:47 PM

yeah!!!! thanks for sharing that :) it is so encouraging.

emslala
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Quoting StarMommy77:

Aw.  I feel the same way. I see you in many of the same groups.. whenever I join one and see the 'same' moms.. I think.."oh no.. they are going to think I am stalking them!".. BNut birds of a feath flock together..

My brother announced on FaceBook that I was a conspiracy theorist and that Autism parents are out to get paid.. Oh to be 21 and stupid again..  

Eh... it's not necessarily age. My mom is 61, & has been a RN for over 30 years. She recently informed me that since I clean my house with vinegar/water/TTO, that I was not REALLY getting my house clean and that's the reason why my DD was sick a few weeks ago (GI bug). According to her, the only thing that gets everything truly sanitary is bleach. Never mind the fact that my DD is in a playgroup & pretty much all the kids passed the bug around. She basically told me that I am the reason my baby is sick. Thanks, Mom.

AFWife08
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Yeah, everyone I know in real life who doesn't vax is under the age of 25

Quoting emslala:

Quoting StarMommy77:

Eh... it's not necessarily age. My mom is 61, & has been a RN for over 30 years. She recently informed me that since I clean my house with vinegar/water/TTO, that I was not REALLY getting my house clean and that's the reason why my DD was sick a few weeks ago (GI bug). According to her, the only thing that gets everything truly sanitary is bleach. Never mind the fact that my DD is in a playgroup & pretty much all the kids passed the bug around. She basically told me that I am the reason my baby is sick. Thanks, Mom.

Destiny13
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:01 PM

Aww, that's cool, and means a lot to me, and I don't even Know you! LOL

I probably would have posted something like this myself, if i would have been on cafemom  before I found the info that i needed to be convinced.

DawnA72
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:02 PM

Quoting emslala:

My mom is 61, & has been a RN for over 30 years. She recently informed me that since I clean my house with vinegar/water/TTO, that I was not REALLY getting my house clean and that's the reason why my DD was sick a few weeks ago (GI bug). According to her, the only thing that gets everything truly sanitary is bleach.

Old people can be funny with the things that they believe.

BTW, I clean my bathroom and kitchen with a 50/50 water/peroxide combination.  It has the same disinfecting power  as bleach without the smell. It's also what most doctors offices use. 

I can just imagine what I will hear from my mom (age 56) when she hears that I have quit buying commercial cleaning products.

Destiny13
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:04 PM

Wow, how did you go about  the vaccine talk with your mom?

Or did you?

My mom doesn't talk to me anymore, because we have such different views on parenting. when I told her I didn't vaccinate DD, my mom said "I'm going to pretend it never happened"  To which I replied: "Good, cuz it never happened!"

I use the same cleaning solution BTW, and I like the smell waaay more than bleach.

Quoting emslala:

Quoting StarMommy77:

jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Thank YOU for coming here with an open mind!

Love your ND?  Join my this group!
Veg or veg-curious?  Join my that group!
Nursing a toddler?  Join my the other group!

Living in a house of fire.

happytexasCM
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:56 PM

wink

ieatfortwo
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:59 PM

Funny thing about that is? my mom thought babies only got 1 or 2 vaxs -- the Dtp (now dtap) and the MMR. i laughed...when i showed her just how much crap they pump into our babies, she freaked out, and told me i was right all along. it was a nice feeling!

Quoting AFWife08:

Yeah, everyone I know in real life who doesn't vax is under the age of 25

Quoting emslala:

Quoting StarMommy77:

I am a SELECTIVELY Vaccinating, Co-Sleeping, Breastfeeding, Feed-on-demand  Anti-CIO, circumsicing, Baby wearing, Momma to a SIDS angel. Catholic, WAHM, ENGAGED, Video game-playing type of mommy. Who are YOU to judge ME!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)