Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

RSV

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:27 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 295 Total Views

My son has been exposed to RSV. Is there anything I can do to help him stay healthy?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Terri441
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:36 PM

How old is he?
Vitamin C, and extra vitamin D are what we do here. Our kids (who are 3 and 2) just got over a upper respiratory tract infection that we didn't need to treat them for. There's LOTS of RSV positive swabs coming back from kids this month at work (I'm an RN) and their symptoms fit the symptoms of lots of the RSV + kids. We did Vit C, D and also Bee Propolis and they were better in about 7 days.

Inle_Rabbit
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:56 PM

He's 14 months. His little play date buddy just was tested positive for RSV and she has a cough and ear infections. We were just visiting two days ago. Kyle is still doing well, no symptoms yet.

hillary_rose
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:16 PM

I second the Vit C, D, and I will add Probiotics and a trip to the Chiro! GL!

4_for_now
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:16 PM

It is contagious, but it still doesn't mean it will be caught. My 4yo had RSV at the beginning of Jan, and our other boys never picked it up. My 3yo had RSV when he was 6 weeks, and our other boys never picked it up then, either.

Quoting Inle_Rabbit:

He's 14 months. His little play date buddy just was tested positive for RSV and she has a cough and ear infections. We were just visiting two days ago. Kyle is still doing well, no symptoms yet.

Inle_Rabbit
by Member on Feb. 14, 2009 at 1:19 AM

Thank you all. If he gets sick I will take him to our chiropractor but right now he seems fine. I read it takes 4 days for symptoms to appear so if all is well after this weekend I'm sure he's fine. He's only been sick 3 times in his whole life so I'm not too worried about him catching it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)