Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT Red Envelope Day- Anti ABORTION ~ NO BASHING

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:01 PM
  • 38 Replies
  • 1026 Total Views

I have recieved emails and info on Facebook about this event and I am personally taking part in it! If you do not agree with President Obama's view and laws on abortion please send a Red Envelope to the White House on March 31st. Details and Instructions can be found here. If you do not agree with this event please refrain from replying or kindly "bump". It is the goal of this organization to send 50 million envelopes to President Obama in honor of the 50 million children who's lives have been taken by abortion since the 1970s. Thank you!

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaCass
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:04 PM

Thank you for the heads up!

I really questions the moral character of a man who would even think it was ok to set a baby aside to die...even if you are "pro-choice"

outstandingLove
by Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:05 PM

hmmmm. well, i personally am pro choice. but i do not agree with Obama's views on abortion. just like the woman should have a choice, so should the doctor who has to do the deed. ...here's a bump. and i will consider taking part in this Red Envelope Day thing.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him gain world domination. I'm a going green, less extreme AP, vaccination doubting, pagan, military wife being the only mom to my amazingly smart 3yo stepson.

mamad122
by Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:10 PM

Thanks Ladies!

StarMommy77
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:16 PM

I am wary of lending my support to any anti-abortion groups. Obama's views on abortion are misrepresented and not understood. Anti-abortion groups pounce on it because of the way he voted. Had he voted the way Pro-lifers wanted.. precedents would have been made in legislation that could lead to abortion becoming illegal. I prefer my reproductive rights.

I understand your stance, I'll give you a bump.. But I can't support this or even agree with it.

“Gardasil contains Polysorbate 80, which is linked to infertility in mice,” noted Dee Nicholson, National Communications Director for Freedom in Canadian Health Care. "When 10 to 15 years down the line these girls are grown women and are finding out that they are barren, how many of them will connect the dots?"  This question was posed by Deiree L. Rover, a researcher from the Netherlands.
suddenlygreat
by Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:21 PM

Thank you so much for the heads us. I will be participating in this for sure!

catholicmamamia
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Thank you for sharing this with us! 

breastfeeding*babywearing*sleepsharing*no cio/spanking*homeschooling*sahm

CLICK HERE TO JOIN US IN ATTACHMENT PARENTING CHRISTIANS

antivaccinemom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:29 PM

shake handThank you, Bump.

MomaJess7
by Member on Mar. 9, 2009 at 9:56 AM

I will do the envelope thing and pass it on to all my contacts.  I would be pro-choice if the the baby was given the choice.  Studies have shown that a baby even at 12 weeks of life fights for survival and does survive under unbeliavable  circumstances.  I woman I met while on hospital bed rest for 2 months had her water start leaking at 13 weeks, the baby survived on 1/2 the normal amniotic fluid and was delivered at 32 week, left the NICU in 10 days and was perfectly healthy.  The doctors told her to have  an DNC and "let the fetus go, it will never survive". Well I guess she proved them wrong.  So I ask everyone, do you think the baby would "choose" life or death.  Even a person attempting suicide will call 911 for help if they do not die instantaneously, we are wired for life not death.  Anyone that says they support feeding hungry children in Africa or helping the poor kids with better health care but supports abortion is a hypocrite.

momajess8
MomaJess7
by Member on Mar. 9, 2009 at 10:23 AM

Quoting StarMommy77:

I am wary of lending my support to any anti-abortion groups. Obama's views on abortion are misrepresented and not understood. Anti-abortion groups pounce on it because of the way he voted. Had he voted the way Pro-lifers wanted.. precedents would have been made in legislation that could lead to abortion becoming illegal. I prefer my reproductive rights.

I understand your stance, I'll give you a bump.. But I can't support this or even agree with it.

I am really not trying to start a big argument and I will not respond any further to this thread, I just want you to stop and think.  You just stated that you would like to keep your reproductive rights, however you appose the forced Gardasil vac. and by the quote in your signature line it is because of the possible infertility caused by one of the ingredients.  Now I agree with you about the Gardasil, it is evil stuff and should not be mandatory or even considered for being part of any law.  Doesn't it sound just a little funny to be quoting a problem with an infertility causing drug just seconds after saying you do not have a not problem with killing a human before they have even had a chance to look at the face of their murders.  Just food for thought, like I said I will not participate in an argument or get into a bashing thing about this,  Not because I am a coward but because I have learned the hard way, arguing the point of pro-life/anti- life  never goes anywhere fruitful, only ends in hurt.  Just think about your beliefs and maybe reexamine what you truly believe in your heart, not the easy PC answerer but the true gut feelings you have.  If you find your initial stance to be true may God have mercy on your soul.

momajess8
widespreadpanic
by Member on Mar. 9, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Ditto.

Quoting StarMommy77:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)