Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some advice please!!!!!!Colloidal Silver is it good???

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:13 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 382 Total Views

Hi I read the post about the 3 week cough and was wondering about my son. He has only been coughing about a week, it seems a little mucus like. It started off he was sneezing constantly for 2 days last week and then the runny nose and cough came on. Anyways I was reading about coughing and that sugar makes it worse..(he has been drinking chocolate milk) I read to go to a local health food store and buy Colloidal Silver. It says to put a few drops in his nostrils a day and it will dry up his congestion. It also said that if we use those to buy chewable kid friendly pro-biotics to help balance him out. And to give yogurt. Has anyone ever used these before? Do they help? Are they bad for you? Any suggestions on something else? We have tried honey but he HATES it! Thanks so much Kelli

I wanted to add he will be 4 in August, I also found a cough medicine from tylenol that is dye free for ages 4 and up or 36 pounds and up. What do you all think?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kk_bella
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:18 AM

I have no idea, but drinking milk produces more mucous, so if he's coughing or has a stuffy nose, avoid milk until he's better :) 

kk_bella
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:20 AM

Oh, and my main concern with cough medicine is that they NEED to cough in order to get all of that mucous out of their lungs.

I would only give cough meds at night and only if absolutely neccesary. You didn't mention this but if you're not already using it, try a cool mist humidifier in his room at night as close to where his head lies as possible.

asTraySoJouRner
by Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:22 AM

Avoid any form of milk and sugar.

Hyland's has some awesome stuff for colds, coughs, and everything in between. I buy at VitaCost.com .

They also have a sniffles and sneezes that you can buy at Wal-Mart.

I would try any of those before trying Tylenol. I am currently dealing with the same thing in my daughter and my other daughter is just coughing.

Anyway, try the Hylands. Good Luck! 

I am me. I like me. I am different than you. That's okay. We don't all have to be the same.

The wacky, quixotic, crazy, and thoughtless (I mean thoughtful;) hippie some call Liz.

Disclaimer: These are my opinions or thoughts. They do not necessarily reflect the rest of the universe. If you don't like them, you may state your opinions or thoughts. But act like an adult please. Disagree in a mature fashion, otherwise you will not receive a reply from me. Thank you.

3boys1yearapart
by Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:23 AM

We are using a cool mist humidifier, we use one all year!

Quoting kk_bella:

Oh, and my main concern with cough medicine is that they NEED to cough in order to get all of that mucous out of their lungs.

I would only give cough meds at night and only if absolutely neccesary. You didn't mention this but if you're not already using it, try a cool mist humidifier in his room at night as close to where his head lies as possible.

asTraySoJouRner
by Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:24 AM

YES YES YES!! Coughing, although hard to hear in your baby, is SO good. So try really hard to let him cough as much as possible.

(Hyland's also has a cough/cold you can get at Wal-Mart)

Quoting kk_bella:

3boys1yearapart
by Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:30 AM

Hylands is ok to use for his age? I never know anymore with all these scares with drugs and children.

Quoting asTraySoJouRner:

Avoid any form of milk and sugar.

Hyland's has some awesome stuff for colds, coughs, and everything in between. I buy at VitaCost.com .

They also have a sniffles and sneezes that you can buy at Wal-Mart.

I would try any of those before trying Tylenol. I am currently dealing with the same thing in my daughter and my other daughter is just coughing.

Anyway, try the Hylands. Good Luck! 

asTraySoJouRner
by Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:02 AM

Hyland's is THE best. It's all natural and homeopathic. My daughter has never been on antibiotics and gets an ear infection every time she teethes. They have products for infants up to adult age. I can not recommend them enough. 

I know what you mean by never knowing what is safe and what is not, but I trust Hyland's completely. I have never found anything that shows anything being recalled from Hyland's. You can go to their website and even call and talk to them. They are very helpful. Plus their prices are comparable to what you buy in the store and SO much more safe.

I am me. I like me. I am different than you. That's okay. We don't all have to be the same.

The wacky, quixotic, crazy, and thoughtless (I mean thoughtful;) hippie some call Liz.

Disclaimer: These are my opinions or thoughts. They do not necessarily reflect the rest of the universe. If you don't like them, you may state your opinions or thoughts. But act like an adult please. Disagree in a mature fashion, otherwise you will not receive a reply from me. Thank you.

kaylaw
by Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Yes colloidal silver is VERY good! I use it for a lot of things.  I put it in their ears for earaches. I also use it for colds, put it on cuts and scrapes.  It is an antiviral and antibacterial agent.

dillertwins08
by Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Collodial silver is great for helping clear up the sinuses. Just don't mix it with salt.

organicole
by Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:04 PM

I was also wondering about colloidal silver. What brand is best? There are all these online sales pitches claiming certain companies are purer in form and claim others are far too watered down. So which ones are better quality?

Quoting kaylaw:

Yes colloidal silver is VERY good! I use it for a lot of things.  I put it in their ears for earaches. I also use it for colds, put it on cuts and scrapes.  It is an antiviral and antibacterial agent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)