• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anthrax Vax

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:50 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 285 Total Views

So DH got his Anthrax vax today and didn't tell me until a few minutes ago.  DD sleeps in the bed with us (no bashing please).  Do I have anything to be worried about?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Loa1002
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:57 PM

I would worry if it was "live" but I dont think is is.

BUMP

kk_bella
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:30 PM

I have no idea, I read conflicting information about whether it was live or not. 

dillertwins08
by Member on Apr. 9, 2009 at 7:10 PM

hmmm.... this vax is so controversial and I haven't ever heard the same facts about it twice. honestly I would probably keep my kids and myself away for a couple of weeks.

momtoboyngrl
by Member on Apr. 9, 2009 at 7:31 PM

I really can't stay away and keep the kids away from him.  He deploys in a couple weeks.  I found a website that says it's not alive nor dead virus.  I'm not really sure...It also says the vaccine is "as safe as all other vaccines"...That's a freaking joke!

Anthrax vaccine is made from a strain of the anthrax bacteria that cannot cause anthrax infection.

Anthrax vaccine does not contain whole bacteria, neither live nor dead.

Scientists consider anthrax vaccine an "inactivated vaccine," because it doesn't contain live bacteria.

The main ingredient is a protein called "protective antigen" or PA.

This protein comes from the anthrax bacteria.

The vaccine contains PA to help your body make antibodies that neutralize the anthrax germ’s ability to cause disease.

ThinkTwice08
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2009 at 9:58 PM

I was under the impression that anthrax was a type of poison....so I still haven't figured out how they even managed to make a vaccine for it....live or otherwise!?

NON-vaxing, Natural child birthing, Breastfeeding, Earth  friendly, mamma of  One Happy, Healthy baby boy! :)

USAF.Wife
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 10:07 PM

my husband has been vaccinated for it several times. i cant stand the fact that he is being injected with that crap, but it hasnt effected anyone else in the home. hes been injected with it 5 times so far. he gets one more and then a booster every year. 

llansky
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 10:18 PM

my hubby got the anthrax vax, too. as far as i know (which may not be very far, hah) the only one you need to worry about is the small pox one. hubby had to wait to get his because i was preggo when he deployed last time

happytexasCM
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Quoting ThinkTwice08:

I was under the impression that anthrax was a type of poison....so I still haven't figured out how they even managed to make a vaccine for it....live or otherwise!?

It's a bacteria that produces a toxin, like pertussis, diptheria, and tetanus.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)