Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Swine flu

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:48 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 259 Total Views

I want to know who starts all this mass hysteria and crap. How does it get to be so blown out of proportion. At the risk of sounding conspiricay theorist-y could it be that the medical companies get wind of this and then start calling the media and making a big deal about it 'cause then they can make anotehr vaccine for another disease that really isn't all that bad. Yea, it's pretty rare that diseases trnasfer from animals to humans and that's a big deal but the fact that people at graduations aren't shaking hands and hundreds of schools closed for a week or more and cinco di mayo fest in chicago was cancelled and all kinds of otehr crap is just insanity. It's the flu. Same symptoms and risks. If old people get it they should watch out, if babies get it they should too - but that's no different from the regular flu. There are no more casulties or anything from this strain of the flu. It's just a newly identified strain. I don't understand where this mass hysteria comes from or why and I'm left to ponder conspiricy...

Mom to Bryce Emory

Owner of "Choosing Not To Vaccinate" 

Owner of "Christian Science followers and Interested Moms"

by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:58 PM

it seems as if someone wanted to draw attention away from something else....

i've heard that the swine flu has been in Mexico since October.  I know we had a horrible flu with similar symproms to the swine flu about a month ago.  Many people in this area had it.  I think it may be the same flu.

by on May. 11, 2009 at 2:35 PM

i dont know but its working for me! im all freaked out! everytime someone dies its some reason or another like, ohh they had problems anyways" i ate mcdonalds today and now ive got diarrhea and i feel like im guna throw up and im very weak and tired so im paranoid!

by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2009 at 1:33 AM

Me!  It was ME!!!!  I did it!!!!!

Where is my 10 minutes of fame??

by on May. 12, 2009 at 1:46 AM

EXACTLY!!! its no big stinkin deal!

the CDC says there have been 2600 laboratory confirmed cases within 44 states (EDIT* now 3009 cases in 45 states). only 3 deaths....THREE (2 in Texas & 1 in Washington). doesn't sound very fatal to me.

there's probably more cases of the regular flu each year leading to the same amount of deaths.

by on May. 12, 2009 at 5:04 AM
LOL! i agree! and it's blocking up ER's and DR offices all around here because of "possible" cases! my lil one has thrush, but it took us 5 hours to see the DR to confirm thrush (it's odd, not like normal thrush, more like blisters on her lips, i was concerned that it was foot/mouth,... but she has no rash... that's why the trip to the DR)... we had to wait for people to drag their poor kids into the DR because "jimmy doesn't feel well, i think it's swine flu"... UGH!

baby/toddler coupons and more!... Printable links, hints and tips, and much much more! 

gmums... a group for moms who use gdiapers. A fun and healthy way to use flushable diapers!

ddh developmental dysplasia of the hip... a group for moms who have a child who has or has had ddh.

moms against cow's milk... a group for moms who choose, or have to remove cow's milk from their diet, or their child's.  benefits, alternatives, and comments!

by on May. 12, 2009 at 3:29 PM

yeah. both my kids have fevers and one is throwing up. they need to see a Dr but the office is booked like crazy because everyone else thinks "oh i have swine flu! i have to see a Dr". its ridiculous, my kids aren't able to keep liquids down and really do need to be seen but everyone and their brother is booking appointments for stupid crap.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)