Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vaxxing in my pysc book??

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:06 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 467 Total Views

what the heck I was looking through my pyscology book for my summer classes and it talks about vaccinations 4 or 5 times.... in a PYSC book!. I don't get it.  it lists the "myths" and the truth.  On of the "myths" is " vaccines aren't 100% effective"   What the heck!  thats fact not a myth

Group owner pox parties r us
Christina, Medical student, nonvaxer , noncircumcising,  single mom to

by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kk_bella
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:38 PM

Oh goodness, I would definitely be having a row with my teacher.

3rdtymsthecharm
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:40 PM

well thank goodness its an online class...  don't have to deal with the teach too much.  i just didn't get it.  otherwise the book is awsome

pox parties r us

" it is not the Healthy who need a dr. but the sick"  Jesus

kk_bella
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:43 PM

I don't get it. Are they saying that people who are antivax have a mental illness?

Do you have a blackboard? Like Vista or WebCT? I would so post something. "Hey anyone got a link to the DSM IV about non vaxers?"

LMAO

3rdtymsthecharm
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:54 PM

well classes start on the 8th of june so I'll just wait and see what comes up.  but I don't understand what vaxxing has to do with pysc

MamaCass
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2009 at 2:27 AM

SIde effects of vaccines can lead to s psych. diagnosis.

For example, anxiety disorder

"rare" adverse reaction to the tetanus vaccine in people predisposed to it.  That is what happened to me.  I was in a panic almost 24/7 for two years.  Stupid shot.  When in for a pap smear...left with a tetanus vax.   grrrrrrrrr

gmapoohz
by Member on May. 9, 2009 at 3:30 PM
Would you mind giving the name, author/s and publisher of the book ? And the most recent print date? Gma Poohz
Lunarprancer
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2009 at 3:40 PM

I've taken several Psych courses and if I recall correctly, vaccines were always mentioned in my texts.  I think in the most recent one I took "Lifespan and Human Development," they were mentioned in regard to health and quality of life...  Those folks who write our textbooks are doctors too, lol, it's just ingrained in the herd's Psyche's, pun intended :-)

With light and love.

3rdtymsthecharm
by on May. 9, 2009 at 3:50 PM

The book is psychology by ciccarelli and meyer  published by pearson/prentice hall 2006

Kenre
by Member on May. 9, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Yup. I don't think I've gotten to a psych book yet that didn't have vaccines in it. Even my mom's old college books had something in there about them.

I'm studying to become a Child Psychologist. It's going to be interesting, huh? Have fun with your class!

I'm a survivor of child abuse, Pagan living Witch, co-sleeping, baby carrying, cloth diapering, early potty training, no vaccinating, circumcising, homesteading, extended rear facing, breastfeeding, no spanking, no screaming, Kazdin Method using, sign language using, pro-life, meat eating, handfasted to Jon (Mar 14, 06), head strong mommy of a baby boy who is advanced (Sep 25, 07), a step-son with PDD-NOS Autism (Jun 11, 04), due with a new baby boy Aug 5, 09.

ThinkTwice08
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2009 at 11:04 PM

They have got to keep the propoganda comming! Otherwise they won't be able to keep the blinders on all the 'mainstream' parents. SAD!

Most psych and medical education consists of "medication' use and little to do with actually helping people or preventing anything....What is the medical prefession comming to??

Christian- Libertarian, NON-vaxing, Natural child birthing, Breastfeeding, Earth- friendly, mom of  One Happy, Healthy baby boy! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)