Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My CHIROPRACTOR of all people!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:58 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 292 Total Views

He gave me crap this morning because my DD isn't vaccinated! She's gone there with me weekly since she was born so they all know and love her. He delayed vaccination with his youngest boy until after he was 1 and none of his boys get pertussis, but otherwise are completely vaxxed. He was trying to talk me into it and was saying that a lot of daycares and schools won't let her in or will give us a lot of trouble if we don't vaccinate at all. Well... DUH! He just acted like I'm some clueless dingbat who has no idea what I'm getting myself into. It most definitely surprised me... I wouldn't have expected someone who touts chiropractic care for things like ear infections to give me crap about vaccinating. He and I have talked many times about natural healthcare, and he even recommends the book "How To Raise A Healthy Child In Spite Of Your Doctor." I'm feeling like he's a little two-faced right now! There are plenty of times that I expect to have differences of opinion with people, especially about this issue, but he's someone I would have expected to be a little more supportive about it.

Thanks for letting me vent, ladies. I feel better now!

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
matofour
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Wow, I am shocked as well.

Our chiro is SO anti vax.  I am surprised that he was saying that, usually chiros are so against all that stuff.

Are there lots of chiros in your area?  I might think about finding one that was a little more anti  vax, I already have to listen to that crap from my doctor.  I don't need it from my chiro as well.

coolestmomeva
by Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:05 PM

so, do you think he was just testing you? to see how strong minded you were on the subject?

love_logan
by Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:13 PM

What was your reaction?

Im a shocked. YIKES! My chiro is SO anti-vax as well.

A chiropractor preaching the benefits for and consequences if you dont- of vaccines is quite a contradiction.

I breastfeed child-led style, I had my baby with a midwife and any children I have in the future will be born at home, I wear my son in a sling everywhere we go and sometimes at home, I use cloth diapers because they are cheaper, cuter, and healthier for my precious baby boy I think all babies have a right to live and grow with the body they were born with, I dont belive vaccines are safe or beneficial. Im a single mom doing the best I can with my life and my sons life.
Dont call me a hippie unless youre trying to give me a compliment!  

Loa1002
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:20 PM

I am also shocked-my Uncle is a chiro and he is VERY anti-vax. His 3 children are not vaccinated at all.

kk_bella
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:30 PM

Yeah, my chiro was completely anti vax and does not even carry health insurance for herself or her family.

ZoeyBethsMomma
by Member on Jun. 10, 2009 at 9:03 AM

I don't think he was testing me... he was serious! I just kind of said "well, she's not going to be going to daycare and we'll fight whatever battles we have to when it comes time for school." I was just so surprised! There are quite a few chiros in this area, but I love their office, and they watch DD for me while I'm being treated. They do a 15 minute massage with a massage therapist, heat & muscle stim for 15, then the adjustment. Nobody else around here does that and I'd hate to lose that because I have fibromyalgia and it helps me to go weekly (the massage especially). I think I'm just going to keep my mouth shut about it from now on and see if he brings it up again. It only came up in the first place because the other doctor there (who's only 2 years out of school) was told by a nurse practitioner that she thought he had pertussis because he had had a cough for 2 weeks. (he didn't have a whoop and my chiro said it didn't sound like pertussis to him)

DD and I were both good and sick with bad cold/bronchitis crap for about 3 weeks. She still has a very runny nose (but is teething and it could definitely be from that), and I'm still having coughing fits every now and then. It's not all that bad, just every once in a while I cough for 10 or 15 minutes... it's like my gag reflex gets activated and I cough and choke until I can get the gunk in there out of the way. She hasn't coughed all that much and when she did it was a rattle-y, wet chest cold kind of cough so I don't think we've got pertussis. I'm just having a tough time bouncing back from this one. I didn't want to take the antibiotics that the doctor gave me (which he said was for secondary sinus infection which I don't think I had) so I didn't take them. I'm just taking vitamin C, 2000 IU of vitamin D, probiotics and my regular vitamins. I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm chasing a 1 year old all day and working during her naps. No time to rest!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)