Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cow's Milk

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:48 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 455 Total Views

Hi ladies. Since finding my oldest son is allergic to dairy due to severe eczema & joing this group and rethinking vax's, eating etc I have been looking in2 cow's milk. I have read the bad stuff but wanted to know if anyone had a good site to state whether organic milk is better or safer? Also, my homeopath said to drink goats milk but I didnt ask why is that even better then cows. thanks for your help as always.

On another note- Handing in our religious exemption tomorrow for preschool-wish us luck!

For all of its proven PUBLIC health benefits, breastfeeding is a PERSONAL DECISION -- shooting your kid full of toxins, though, is a "social responsibility."

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Erika2408
by Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 7:25 PM
well I do know that goat milk has a softer smaller curd than cows milk and therefor its easer on the stomach. good Luck!
DyperDuty
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 8:01 PM

From what I have read, goats milk is very very close to human milk.

My daughter can not drink cow's milk (nor do I want her to) so she is on almond milk. Has a good amount of protein, which I like because she won't eat meat (her choice not mine) and it has a good amount of calcium as well.

jooshysmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 8:09 PM

yes, as we speak my son is drinking it>what about organic?

Quoting DyperDuty:

From what I have read, goats milk is very very close to human milk.

My daughter can not drink cow's milk (nor do I want her to) so she is on almond milk. Has a good amount of protein, which I like because she won't eat meat (her choice not mine) and it has a good amount of calcium as well.

For all of its proven PUBLIC health benefits, breastfeeding is a PERSONAL DECISION -- shooting your kid full of toxins, though, is a "social responsibility."

jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Well, animal milk is not necessary, natural, or healthy.  The only milk any mammal needs (including humans) is mama's milk.  There are far superior veg sources of any nutrition milk may have to offer, especially to ones who are allergic.  I'd guess (though it's just a guess) that if your son is allergic to dairy, he'll be allergic to milk whether it's organic or not.

nicarue824
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:04 PM

OT but have you tried giving your LO probiotics for his eczema problems?  I have read they help a lot of people with eczema since it is an allergic-type response. 

KiddiesSigns.com Banner

The Animal Rescue Site

Sammieda
by Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:07 PM

Yes i would assume if hes Allergic to regular milk then it would be the same for Organic.

I know that my daughter is sensitive to milk. I've had to cut milk out of my diet for over 9 months now. (breastfeeding) It wasnt easy at first but now its actually easy to know what has milk in it and what doesnt. I have tried eating something that would have dairy in it and it still effects her very badly. So im probably just not going to give her any dairy and leave it at that. Unless when shes older she wants to try some. It will be up to her.

I wish you luck for tomorrow!

nicarue824
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:11 PM

As far as organic goes, my opinion is that if you are going to buy ANYTHING organic, let it be milk (no matter what kind).  Although organic will not affect sensitivities or alleries (that has to do with milk proteins), the amount of steroids found in non-organic milk (from animals) is astonishing.  I truely believe that is why young girls are starting to reach puberty as such early ages now and are developing breasts in gradeshool. 

KiddiesSigns.com Banner

The Animal Rescue Site

jooshysmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:12 PM

o no I am not giving my son any milk bc he has a dairy allergy and yes we see a homeo and take probiotics and zinc for it but I have a 7 month old and then of course there is my hubbie and I so that's why all the milk questions. I'm seeking answers for us.

jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2009 at 12:23 AM

Quoting jooshysmom:

o no I am not giving my son any milk bc he has a dairy allergy and yes we see a homeo and take probiotics and zinc for it but I have a 7 month old and then of course there is my hubbie and I so that's why all the milk questions. I'm seeking answers for us.

Ooooooh!  I thought you were asking if your son would be allergic to organic milk too.  I see.  Well, here's some of the info I have on why animal milk is just no good for anyone.  And here is a helpful thread about home-made non-dairy alternatives.

petka
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 7:23 AM
I have an intolerance to cow's milk, so I drink raw goats milk ( occasionally ), because it is easier to digest. I make a homemade formula for my 7 month old, because I couldn't breastfeed and I didn't want to feed her conventional formula. Well, I am using raw goats milk for the formula and my baby is doing great, she is growing and is healthy. Organic cow's milk is better than conventional, but if you HAVE TO drink it the best would be raw cow's milk ( non-homogenized, non-pasturized ). BUt yes, animals milk is not meant for us to drink.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)