• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what vaccines will do the least harm?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:24 PM
  • 28 Replies
  • 969 Total Views

Hi ladies!
I haven't been on in a while but with a lot of talk going on about it looking like vaccines could be forced upon people sometime in my daughter's lifetime, I am looking into making a schedule for her.
She is 3 yrs old and has not had any since her 6 week ones. She reacted badly and so I looked into lots of information and decided to wait as long as possible. Now we are pregnant again and I want to establish a record that I'm willing to comply as I see fit after the age of 3, just in case bills get passed sooner.
I think I want her to get 1 at a time, with time in between to recover from each. That is as far as I am sure.
I would love some direction as to where to look, or if anyone else has mad a late, delayed schedule for their child and wouldn't mind passing it on so I could have a place to start??
IDK.... I'm just really confused right now.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cristinaberger
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:36 PM

If there ever be laws mandating vaccines, you will not be able to pick and choose. All vaccines have side effects, I really can't recommend one that is safer than the other.

renrut3907
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:02 PM

I'm doing what you are....mine had them up until she was 10 months and then I got more educated.  The MMR was next up so I stopped there.  Now we are 2 1/2 and I am concerned about the school giving me heck so we are starting again slowly.  I know there are waivers I could fill out but I'm not 100% anti-vaccine - I just want them safer, fewer, and more spread out.  You are definitely thinking right to stop them until she's older and her brain has had more time to develop.  That's what we're doing but the MMR still scares me!  I got her the Hib about 2 months ago.  And later this year we may do another one.  But no more than 2 a year for us.  I am definitely getting anything pertaining to meningitisbecause I knew a 3 year old girl who died from it in my town.  It was an isolated case and they still don't know how she got it.  She was playing with a little neighbor girl on Friday, sick on Saturday and her family treated her for the flu, in the ER on Sunday morning and dead by Sunday night.  That is how meningitis rolls and I want to do everything I can to keep that away from my daughter.

NaturalMama1026
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:04 PM
Quoting cristinaberger:

If there ever be laws mandating vaccines, you will not be able to pick and choose. All vaccines have side effects, I really can't recommend one that is safer than the other.

I agree, they are ALL harvested in animal tissue and ALL contain viruses from the animals that they were made in. Mercury and/or aluminum both can have detrimental effects on your childs brain no matter what age. I can tell you which ones I believe are worse MMR and DTAp because of the load of viruses contained in them and the effects of over stimulation of the immune system, again no matter what age. But to inject a child with contaminated animal tissue, chemicals and viruses- and think this will lead to a healthy immune system, goes against everything that I have come to know through extensive research.

One huge problem is I am not convinced that for the majority of the population they are even effective. Outbreaks in vaccinated children occur as much or more than in the unvaccinated. That to me says the decline in disease was due to something different than mass vaccination and the statistical evidence I have reviewed supports that theory. How deadly are these diseases in our era? The simple answer is they are not, it takes very certain circumstances for these viruses to become serious. Mainly a weakened immune system can lead to problems, like some children that end up with chronic measles only seen in the vaccinated. I hope that helps you a little and sorry if I am a little abrasive, check out Dr. Sherri Tenpenny she has so much scientific data that helps people understand All of the issues associated with All vaccines.
happytexasCM
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:29 PM

Meningitis
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/meningitis/DS00118
Meningitis is an inflammation of the membranes (meninges) and cerebrospinal fluid surrounding your brain and spinal cord, usually due to the spread of an infection. The swelling associated with meningitis often triggers the "hallmark" symptoms of this condition, including headache, fever and a stiff neck.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000680.htm
The most common causes of meningitis are viral infections that usually resolve without treatment. However, bacterial infections of the meninges are extremely serious illnesses, and may result in death or brain damage even if treated.

Meningitis is also caused by fungi, chemical irritation, drug allergies, and tumors.
Quote:http://www.dhpe.org/infect/Bacmeningitis.html

• Bacterial meningitis is a serious infection of the fluid in the spinal cord and the fluid that surrounds the brain.
  • Bacterial meningitis is most commonly caused by one of three types of bacteria: Haemophilus influenzae type b, Neisseria meningitidis, and Streptococcus pneumoniae bacteria.
  • The bacteria are spread by direct close contact with the discharges from the nose or throat of an infected person.
  • Bacterial meningitis can be treated with antibiotics.
  • Prevention depends on use of vaccines, rapid diagnosis, and prompt treatment of close personal contacts.
What is bacterial meningitis?
Meningitis is an infection of the fluid in the spinal cord and the fluid that surrounds the brain. Meningitis is usually caused by an infection with a virus or a bacterium. Knowing whether meningitis is caused by a virus or a bacterium is important because of differences in the seriousness of the illness and the treatment needed.
VIRAL MENINGITIS is usually relatively mild. It clears up within a week or two without specific treatment. Viral meningitis is also called aseptic meningitis.
BACTERIAL MENINGITIS is much more serious. It can cause severe disease that can result in brain damage and even death.
What bacteria cause bacterial meningitis?
Bacterial meningitis is most commonly caused by one of three types of bacteria: Haemophilus influenzaeNeisseria meningitidis, and Streptococcus pneumoniae. type b (Hib),

Where is bacterial meningitis found?
Bacterial meningitis is found worldwide. The bacteria often live harmlessly in a person's mouth and throat. In rare instances, however, they can break through the body's immune defenses and travel to the fluid surrounding the brain and spinal cord. There they begin to multiply quickly. Soon, the thin membrane that covers the brain and spinal cord (meninges) becomes swollen and inflamed, leading to the classic symptoms of meningitis.
How do people get bacterial meningitis?
The bacteria are spread by direct close contact with the discharges from the nose or throat of an infected person. Fortunately, none of the bacteria that cause meningitis are very contagious, and they are not spread by casual contact or by simply breathing the air where a person with meningitis has been.
(So 'just living in the doormrooms is not enough).

What are the signs and symptoms of bacterial meningitis?
In persons over age 2, common symptoms are high fever, headache, and stiff neck. These symptoms can develop over several hours, or they may take 1 to 2 days. Other symptoms can include nausea, vomiting, sensitivity to light, confusion, and sleepiness. In advanced disease, bruises develop under the skin and spread quickly.
In newborns and infants, the typical symptoms of fever, headache, and neck stiffness may be hard to detect. Other signs in babies might be inactivity, irritability, vomiting, and poor feeding.
As the disease progresses, patients of any age can have seizures.
Who is at risk for bacterial meningitis?
Anyone can get bacterial meningitis, but it is most common in infants and children (not college students). People who have had close or prolonged contact with a patient with meningitis caused by Neisseria meningitidis or Hib can also be at increased risk. This includes people in the same household or day-care center, or anyone with direct contact with discharges from a meningitis patient's mouth or nose.

How common is bacterial meningitis?
In the United States, bacterial meningitis is relatively rare and usually occurs in isolated cases. Clusters of more than a few cases are uncommon.
http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/meningitis-treatment-overview
Most people with viral meningitis usually start getting better within 3 days of feeling sick and recover within 2 weeks. Bacterial or severe viral meningitis may require treatment in a hospital, including:

• Antibiotics: Antibiotics are given only when bacteria are causing the infection.
  • If meningitis is causing pressure within the brain, corticosteroid medicines such as dexamethasone may be given to adults or children.
  • Measures to reduce fever.
  • Measures to prevent seizures.
  • Oxygen therapy.
  • Monitoring fluids. Liquids are given into a vein (IV) if you have an infection and are vomiting or are not able to drink enough.
  • Monitoring blood chemicals. Frequent blood tests are done to measure essential body chemicals, such as sodium and sugar in the blood.
A person who has severe meningitis may need to be treated in the intensive care unit (ICU) of a hospital.

Hib
The prevaccine Hib estimates
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=503552&page=3

The first Hib vaccine was licensed in 1985. Hib was put on the childhood recommended schedule of immunizations in 1993. Prior to 1991, Hib was not a notifiable disease.

Here are the number of reported Hib cases:

1991 (2,764)

1992 (1,412)
1993 (1,419) Hib placed on childhood schedule, resulting in universal immunization and state-by-state mandates for entry to daycare/school

1994 (1,174)

1995 (1,180)
1996 (1,170)
1997 (1,162)
1998 (1,194)
1999 (1,309)
2000 (1,398)
2001 (1,597)
2002 (1,743)
2003 (2,013)

From the CDC Pink Book:
The incidence of invasive Hib disease began to decline dramatically in the late 1980s, coincident with licensure of conjugate Hib vaccines. In other words, the vaccine had nothing to do with the initial dramatic decline. The incidence of hib dramatically declined around the same time a vaccine was licensed, not introduced.

Bacterial meningitis in the United States, 1978 through 1981. The National Bacterial Meningitis Surveillance Study

W. F. Schlech 3rd, J. I. Ward, J. D. Band, A. Hightower, D. W. Fraser and C. V. Broome

From 1977 to 1981, 18,642 cases of bacterial meningitis were reported to the Centers for Disease Control.

We analyzed data from 27 states with full participation from 1978 through 1981. Hemophilus influenzae was the most frequent cause of bacterial meningitis (48.3%), [**ALL*** SEROTYPES] followed by Neisseria meningitidis (19.6%) and Streptococcus pneumoniae (13.3%).

http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/abstract/253/12/1749

"I have notes taken of the rat trials presented by the FDA of the Hib trials which showed that the early Hib vaccine, licenced in 1985, which
was the early polysaccharide one, not the later conjugated Hib vaccine, not only provoked Hib in rats (by causing transient immune suppression for 7 - 14 days) but also in humans. That is why the polysaccharide vaccine was kept very very quiet. It continued to be used after 1987, but was rapidly replaced with the conjugate vaccine, and the CDC prefer not to talk about this. I've scanned and posted at photobucket the memorandum sent to all paediatricians."

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f71/Angladrion/upeB6.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f71/Angladrion/upeBD.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f71/Angladrion/upeC9.jpg

----------

Pneumococcal

Meningococcal

CNN-Freedoms you'd lose in Obama Care
1. Freedom to choose what's in your plan
2. Freedom to be rewarded for healthy living, or pay your real costs
3. Freedom to choose high-deductible coverage
4. Freedom to keep your existing plan
5. Freedom to choose your doctors

buzymamaof3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:32 PM

I agree, they are all harmful with side effects and if there was a law passed making it mandatory, I doubt authorities will allow anyone to pick and choose.  As for the schools, does your state have religious waiver, most do, I think only 2 do not.  maybe you could go that route...

sahm.gif sahm image by CMC8185thMarried2MyBF.gif Married To My Best Friend image by luckylizziehomeschool.gif homeschool image by LMA1123
CarSeatsareCheaperthanCasketsBlinki.gif Car Seats are Cheaper than Caskets image by gypsysmilesToddlerRides.gif rear facing image by awntkmessm_9757c042111e4c0f404bdd5612b6af4d.gif does NOT = immunization image by shadowkitty0602

happytexasCM
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Quoting cristinaberger:

clapping

I agree. Forced vaccination is FORCED vaccination. I'm not going to inject my child with drugs I see as unhealthy and/or unsafe just in case a bill MIGHT be passed mandating forced vaccination.

If that happens the government won't care about YOUR schedule; the military sure didn't ask for my vax record before injecting me with every recommended vax in the space of 20minutes.

CNN-Freedoms you'd lose in Obama Care
1. Freedom to choose what's in your plan
2. Freedom to be rewarded for healthy living, or pay your real costs
3. Freedom to choose high-deductible coverage
4. Freedom to keep your existing plan
5. Freedom to choose your doctors

3rdtymsthecharm
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Quoting happytexasCM:

Quoting cristinaberger:

clapping

I agree. Forced vaccination is FORCED vaccination. I'm not going to inject my child with drugs I see as unhealthy and/or unsafe just in case a bill MIGHT be passed mandating forced vaccination.

If that happens the government won't care about YOUR schedule; the military sure didn't ask for my vax record before injecting me with every recommended vax in the space of 20minutes.

no doubt.   after the 10-15 vaxes in boot camp I was sick as a dog for days.  And i ended up not finishing boot camp as i never fully recoverd.  even now  i'll have days where I'm too weak to do anything, and i never had that before the massive amount of shots in one day.

Group owner pox parties r us
Christina mom to

Tara Belle 7-23-04  backpack  Jessie Aileen 10-24-05blowing bubbles

Levi James 01-17-08toddler boy

zdmj31908
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:45 PM

i dont know about which ones are safe as in my opinion none are but i would get my son vaxed if he were bit by a wild animal. ive seen what rabies does to people and there is no treatment but the shots. this one is well well worth it for me. the virus hides from the immune system in the nervous system until its too late, once you start showing syptoms there is nothing anyone can do, you die. there is only about a 7-10 day period to get the shot which tells your immune system that the virus is there before it takes over your brain(not joking).

iamom05
by Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:26 PM

There are natural alternatives for rabies.

Supplements: The only supplement I could find in reference to Rabies, was vitamin C because it supports the body in its fight of viruses.

Herb support: Goldenseal has a long history of good results with infections, both external and internal; Fresh or dried black raspberry leaves (not the red) used as a compress over a bite containing rabies is an old remedy to draw the rabies virus out of the body.
Five or more of the leaves are crushed (bruised) and laid over the bite for one hour. No repeats necessary!

Homeopathic remedy for Rabies: The Rabies nosode or other Rabies homeopathic remedy

Quoting zdmj31908:

i dont know about which ones are safe as in my opinion none are but i would get my son vaxed if he were bit by a wild animal. ive seen what rabies does to people and there is no treatment but the shots. this one is well well worth it for me. the virus hides from the immune system in the nervous system until its too late, once you start showing syptoms there is nothing anyone can do, you die. there is only about a 7-10 day period to get the shot which tells your immune system that the virus is there before it takes over your brain(not joking).

renrut3907
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:33 PM

Okay, that does it.  I am out of this group because of HappyTexasCM and him/her/whatever you are having pages and pages of theoretical terminology and the fact that I can't possibly say something to someone's post without him/her/whatever you are telling me that I am wrong.  Bringing this post back up I thought "How much you want to bet that person is right under me telling me I'm wrong about something?" and there you are.

Keep it up and you will run more people who have a right to answer posts and state their feelings out of this group, too.  Goodbye.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)