Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are recently vaccinated people contagious?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:10 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 2632 Total Views

I am a bit freaked out. My daughter's friend was vaccinated for Meningitis(Menactra) last Wednesday. She is spending the night tonight(Tuesday)(I just found out about the vaccination at 10:30pm). I am nervous that they are sleeping in the same room, sharing the same air and same bed. They have been told to avoid breathing on each other. They DO NOT share drinks, etc. Am I just completely paranoid? Could my daughter get sick? I don't think so but it still freaks me out. Anyone have any legit information on transmission of diseases after vaccination?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
emma0828
by Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:47 AM

bump

hopefully somone knows-I have wondered this myself

~My two loves~

~Wife to Brian, momma to Clare~

Loa1002
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:10 AM

All the sites say it is NOT a live vaccine so I would not worry. If your childs immune sytem is up to par then she is more than likely to stay well even if someone else is sick.

Oku
by Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:12 PM

Thank you

truthcrusader
by Member on Aug. 13, 2009 at 7:58 AM

According to Dr Eva Snead MD and others, vaccinated people do shed vaccine viruses and vaccine contaminants. I don't know what vaccines this applies to, whether this only applies to live viruses, or how long the shedding goes on for. 

I also know that the Gulf War veterans who suffered from debilitating or even fatal Gulf War Illness as a result of experimental vaccines they had been given, were infecting their wives and children, their health care givers and even their pets.

Keep in mind that vaccines are a form of biological warfare against civilians, and have nothing to do with disease prevention. I therefore consider your concerns quite justified. 

christi1211
by Member on Aug. 13, 2009 at 9:02 AM

Our son is not vaxed and can't be becasue of medical reasons regardless. This helps our doctor be more forthcoming with info I feel like. Anyway, we were told he has to stay away from anyone who has recieved a live vaccine for 48 hours but should be ok otherwise.

Lisa009
by Member on Aug. 14, 2009 at 4:32 AM

I have heard that it is possible within the first two weeks of a vax, especially if the person comes down with some symptoms of the disease. Will it happen with this one, I cannot say for sure.

I do know that before I was anti-vax, it happened with one of my cats and we almost lost her. She was exposed to our other recently vaxed cat who came down with a mild case of what she had been vaxed for and caught it from her.

I cannot speak for other moms, but this type of exposure to recently vaxed kids scares me because what I have read and what I experienced with our pets..

Lisa

"Children are a gift from God."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)