• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant/wondering/need advice

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:51 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 241 Total Views

My husband and I have choosen to delay vaccinations for our child as of now because we don't feel that we are educated enough yet to make the best decision. I plan on taking the first year of our baby's life to learn all I can to make a good decision for my child.

My question is though, I am pregnant, due in february and I was curious as to if I should get the flu shot and the swine flu vaccination? How will it effect my unborn baby? My parents stopped vaccinating me when I was 5, I am 29 now and haven't had any vaccinations or shots since kindergarten so i am not sure what to think/expect.

Any advice would be great, thank you.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SillyJessi
by Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:23 PM

Seeing as how the Swine Flu vaccine is only being tested for 5 days or something, and being released in October, I can't honestly imagine what the effects on your unborn baby could be.  I wouldn't do it.  No way.  In hell.  And good for you, doing your research.  If you're anything like most educated women, the more you learn, the less you will want to vaccinate.  I'm at the point I am sickened and horrified that ANYONE is currently vaccinating.  Really, it got that bad.  I don't even research any more.  I just DO NOT vaccinate.  At all.  Haven't and won't.

Autumn22
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:30 PM

I'm not getting any shots of any kind while pregnant.  It's like pulling to teeth to even get me to take meds.  At my last Dr. appt, they told me I had a bladder infection and RX antibiotics.  I didn't think I had one.. lol.. so I never got it filled.  Oh look.  No bladder infection. 

For 2000 years doctors looked at the world through the filter (belief) that 'bleeding was therapeutic'. Not until the general education of the public lead people to rebel against this mistake was it corrected. Today many look at the world through the belief that 'vaccines work'.    www.myspace.com/parentsagainstvax 

happytexasCM
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:31 PM

1976 Swine Flu

I would not get any vaccinations while pregnant; just take flu symptoms seriously and get tested by your Dr.

ThinkTwice08
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 2:17 PM

yes, Definately stay away from the needle! Go to Dr. Tenpenny's site for a list of vitamins and things you can do to naturally combat the flu. :)

Quoting happytexasCM:

1976 Swine Flu

I would not get any vaccinations while pregnant; just take flu symptoms seriously and get tested by your Dr.

Christian- Libertarian, NON-vaxing, Natural child birthing, Breastfeeding, Non-circumsizing, Earth- friendly, mom of  One Happy, Healthy baby boy! big smile mini

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who could not hear the music." -Angela Monet

ThinkTwice08
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 2:21 PM

BTW_ another area to get educated on NOW is Obstetrical interventions. The OB meds being used have testing similar to Vaccines....almost none! Message me if you would like info so that you can have a 'baby safe' birthing process. :)

Christian- Libertarian, NON-vaxing, Natural child birthing, Breastfeeding, Non-circumsizing, Earth- friendly, mom of  One Happy, Healthy baby boy! big smile mini

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who could not hear the music." -Angela Monet

Mom71307
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 4:05 PM

I am also pregnant and due in Nov... right in the middle of the season!  I am not getting it for several reasons.

1. Ingredients... formaldehyde and infected monkey tissue to name 2

2. Not enough information about affects on normal healthy people

3. NO information about affects on still developing babies

4. NOTHING known about long term affects for anyone

5. I haven't had a flu shot in man many years and won't start now

"And we know that in all things, God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." --Romans 8:28
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)