• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wow wow wow... the ex just threatened to call children services

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:29 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 308 Total Views

Ok, not about vaccines... it's about my 2 year old's fever that I've told you about in another post.  I've been asking her daddy last night and this morning if he could take her to the Dr, just so I could get a diagnosis and maybe know what I was working with, the flu, whatever.  Her fever never got really out of control... she's pretty much ok.

I get a text message this morning that says, "I wonder what children services would do about you refusing to take Lily to the Dr. while she's in your care"

I asked him to take her because my car is acting up BAD.

I told him that Children Services would probably just say, "Um... ok...."  lol

But still, that stuff scares me!

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
happytexasCM
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:34 PM

My reply would be "what would what children services would do about you refusing to take Lily to the Dr. when my care is broken and I am unable to do so?"

Keep a detailed log of all contact with him; you may need it later.

Autumn22
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:39 PM

I've been documenting most of what he does.  You just reminded me to document this!  Thanks.

Quoting happytexasCM:

My reply would be "what would what children services would do about you refusing to take Lily to the Dr. when my care is broken and I am unable to do so?"

Keep a detailed log of all contact with him; you may need it later.

Pishyah
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:43 PM

I know this type of stuff is hard for us to ever consider but this is why I take my children to well checks, why I am certain that they go to the doctor when they're sick (whether I'll do what the doctor says or not), do follow-ups, prove to them that I KNOW what I'm talking about and I'm not talking out my rump, etc.  This stuff can happen to anyone and the more proof you have that you care for your children, the better.  I'm sorry he's being such a prick, by refusing to take her AND threatening you like that.  : (

happytexasCM
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:40 PM

Yes, I think in your situation it may be a good idea to take your child to the Dr. when ill as a CYA.

CNN-Freedoms you'd lose in Obama Care
1. Freedom to choose what's in your plan
2. Freedom to be rewarded for healthy living, or pay your real costs
3. Freedom to choose high-deductible coverage
4. Freedom to keep your existing plan
5. Freedom to choose your doctors

Autumn22
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:09 PM

I'm just really taken back by all of this, how he is acting, because he used to be my #1 supporter before he left us.  He never wanted to take kids to the Dr.  Wanted to try to fix it at home first.  I don't understand. :(

Quoting happytexasCM:

Yes, I think in your situation it may be a good idea to take your child to the Dr. when ill as a CYA.

legalmom343
by Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 12:08 AM

Maybe not take her but call the nurse and ask the nurse to document it in your daughter's records.  I dont run to the dr when my kids have fevers but if it is high and gone on for a few days I will call and talk to the triage nurse to see if they want to see them.  And our nurses document it in their charts in case I have to take them in later.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)